What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better Call Saul

HowHigh

Coach
Anyone else check the first episode out?
Wasn't too impressed by it tbh but it looks like it'll pick up from the next episode.

Special K

Coach
Looked a bit slow but that was to be expected. I liked it but I'm a big breaking bad fan so I was always probably going to like it.

whall15

Coach
I quite liked it even though it was a little slow in parts, mainly the first half of the episode when they were building it up. I have a feeling that tonight's will be better.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Meh. I don't see me sticking with this for long, but then again I don't see it lasting for long either.

Generally prequel = snooze.

Dr Gonzo

Juniors
Did Tuco and Saul encounter each other during BB? I can't remember.

The start was really cool. I hope they jump between current day and the past.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Did Tuco and Saul encounter each other during BB? I can't remember.

The start was really cool. I hope they jump between current day and the past.

Don't think so. Saul's first episode was when Badger got caught dealing. Pretty sure that was after Tuco was killed.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I enjoyed it. The visual style of the show is great, and Bob Odenkirk is such a likeable scumbag.

natheel

Coach
first episode it started off slow but half way through when you get past the set up of the legal premise with chuck and hamlin etc its good with the hijinks of the 2 skaters and Saul doing his usual crook lawyer thing. About to watch the 2nd episode

Last edited:

AJB1102

First Grade
Meh. I don't see me sticking with this for long, but then again I don't see it lasting for long either.

Apparently its been given the nod for a 2nd season by the network.

Just watched 2nd ep and so far so good. I'll stick with it a bit longer.

Firey_Dragon

Coach

Highest rating tv premier ever in US history. 100% on rotten tomatoes, 9.5 on IMDB. Pretty universally well received so far.

I'd say it has a pretty good chance of lasting for a while.

The 2nd episode, is much, much better than the first.

I went in to watching this with severe skepticism, and didn't overly enjoy the pacing of the first ep, it did have its moments though. The 2nd episode however, wow, this has potential to be a great show.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Loving it so far. The first Ep was slow, sure but it was obviously all necessary as setup, and things got real in the final scene when Tuco arrived and kept going in Ep 2. Really looking forward to seeing how Mike gets from security guard to Gus's henchman too.

Incorrect

Coach
As a Breaking Bad devotee, it's likely my perception of this series is heavily biased, but I've loved this series so far. I'm like a kid on Xmas morning when I get home after work on Tuesday afternoons now, hanging for the next episode...

MattYg1

Bench
loving it all so far but again i am a massive Breaking Bad mark and Odenkirk mark so i was always going to lean that way

bileduct

Coach
I gotta say I was a bit sceptical at first but after the last few episodes I am loving this show.

Latest posts