What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beware CH 9 Love for Dragons Live or not Live

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
With the release of the first 5 round draw it seems that Channel 9 is anticipating big things from the Dragons in 2009. Hopefully we as viewers will get a decent deal re LIVE televising of our games.
My FOX TV is at risk lads as I cannot stomach another season of Channel
9 delayed telecasts. Cannot afford to go to the games and have
Fox as well these days. Will somebody put a rocket up Channel 9 and give us Dragon supporters a fair go.
With respect to those who do not have Pay TV.

CHEERS LANCELOT :cool:

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
I have Fox, but I prefer 9 games. Gives it more atmosphere. Only bad thing is not giving to temptation to check the score on LU. :lol:

xofstgeorge

Juniors
yeah well i'm f**ked, on those friday night matches that we play, the bronco's do as well. And considering that channel 9 qld believe that all qld'ers follow the broncos- im in for a few 9:30 delay kickoffs. f**k i hate channel 9 and their stupid commentators to boot!

saint-colesy

Juniors
Yeah im in the same boat as you mate, round 1, Cowboys play Broncos so we get the 9.30 game, why cant they make it a choice like Fox does with the EPL?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
With the release of the first 5 round draw it seems that Channel 9 is anticipating big things from the Dragons in 2009. Hopefully we as viewers will get a decent deal re LIVE televising of our games.
My FOX TV is at risk lads as I cannot stomach another season of Channel
9 delayed telecasts. Cannot afford to go to the games and have
Fox as well these days. Will somebody put a rocket up Channel 9 and give us Dragon supporters a fair go.
With respect to those who do not have Pay TV.

CHEERS LANCELOT :cool:

Indeed. Channel 9 has the worst coverage and it is delayed... depsite any spin they try to put on it.

Probably mentioned elsewhere but I understand the Saints v Storm match may be moved to the Telstra Dome in Melbourne to accomodate the 30K crowd brought about by the creeping factor. Ratings should be huge.

Yeah im in the same boat as you mate, round 1, Cowboys play Broncos so we get the 9.30 game, why cant they make it a choice like Fox does with the EPL?

revenue and ratings.

if you give the option of either game live..the majority will watch the game they wanna watch live..flick over a few times to get the score in the other game and then turn over at 9.30 to another channel or do something else.

the 9.30 game is brilliant for nine because the fans of those teams playing are sucked in for the full broadcast of both games. the ratings are high throughout and the amount they can charge for advertising goes up accordingly.

having both available at the same time for the consumer is bad for business.

i noticed this when watching 20/20 cricket. Nine sold the advertising for the standard channel but there was barely any commercials on the HD broadcast. they just showed long shots of the ground and the on ground microphone.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Probably mentioned elsewhere but I understand the Saints v Storm match may be moved to the Telstra Dome in Melbourne to accomodate the 30K crowd brought about by the creeping factor. Ratings should be huge.

Confirmed on the official website, Willow, me old China...

thommo4pm

Coach
Wouldn't they show the Broncos game live in QLD, and the Dragons game live in NSW/ACT?

Yes that will be the case, but the QLD supporters of the Dragons need to wait until 9.30pm to watch the game.
It's been a while since we have had the opening game of the year on 9.
I think the last time was against the Dogs in 05.
Can't wait to watch it live, or better yet, convince the wife to let me go to Melbourne and be there. :D

W.Smith

Juniors
Yes 3 of the first 5 games are channel 9. It's not a great start for us that have FOX sports.

Not being a smartalec saintsman but what do you mean ?

We get to watch it live then tape it for keepsake on one of the 3or4 replays Lol

dragonman1959

Juniors
One consolation, nine is broadcasting NRL this year in HD. (THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE SAYING) "PROBABLY bullsh*t..."

Last edited: