What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bash 2018/19 (Mens and Womens)

roofromoz

First Grade
I mean, it was just a coincidence that the lights went out once both McCullum and Lynn had been dismissed and they were 2/10 chasing 187, right?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Agreed. Crowds are down, ratings are down, commentary has declined since Ch10 lost the rights, fielders dropping sitters ad nauseum, umpiring has been absolutely pathetic, and to top it off trust Daryl Harper of all people to make the decision tonight. He was one of the worst umpires on the ICC Elite Panel during his heyday (alongside Billy Bowden and Russell Tiffin)

And the decision before this season to convert it to a full home-and-away fixture has come back to bite CA in the ass. Complete utter greed from James Sutherland et al. which devalues the product. especially when you have matches played at Moe (wherever the hell that is in Victoria. When I first heard of Moe, I thought it was referring to Moe Szyslak from The Simpsons!).

Organisers had a winning formula, the right season duration in the past fitting in well with the school holiday period as well as all matches live on FTA. Season should be over by the end of school holidays in late January, but instead this year it will be going until February 17.

I didn't realise the BBL was going that far.

Wow thats terrible. I get what they're trying to do but you watch the ratings drop. Last year the season was extended a little bit but after the school holidays finished the Ch 10 ratings dropped and immediately went to regular programming after the final was finished.

So imagine this happening in February. Not only rating dropping but crowds too. The BBL is always going to be successful during the school holidays. What CA has done has devalued it. And I thought the NRL was bad.

Also were supposed to be having the Shield back then which will see a few players from each squad not used in BBL or Visa versa. Nice preparation for the Ashes.

In terms of the coverage, yeah Ch 10 really made it a lot more interesting. Good commentators too.

Now its hard to pick which one cause they're both not that good.

simmo1

First Grade
Yep. 2 big mistakes
1) extending the season beyond reason
2) not having every game on free to air

Problems with umpiring have always existed but you combine that with the above issues and a lack of international talent and it all becomes more obvious.

Agree on international talent. Now that Buttler has gone, Khan is the only world class import imo.

Shit umpiring tends to get forgotten pretty quick as games never really stick in the memory.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Lol someone pass the salt.

Mind you Warner playing wbbl would bring in an extra couple of thousand in the crowd.

Might make the crowd 2003.