What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bash League 2012/13

Horrie Is God

First Grade
The Startards were going at a ridiculous rate before the rain..

59 off the last 15 balls..6 sixes & a 7..

And The Brown Nosed Gnome declares that it's game on..

He didn't mention whether it was all of a sudden or not,though..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Startards were going at a ridiculous rate before the rain..

59 off the last 15 balls..6 sixes & a 7..

And The Brown Nosed Gnome declares that it's game on..

He didn't mention whether it was all of a sudden or not,though..
They won the toss and bowled even though there wasrain around and their two best bowlers all tournament were spinners :lol: Deeeerrrrrpppp!!!!!

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Welcome to The Big Bash Alex Keath..

1st over at this level goes for 27..Darsh smashed all of them..3 sixes,2 fours & a single..

undertaker

Coach
It's my dream to see both Victorian sides out of the comp (especially the stars. They are like the Manly Sea Eagles of the BBL - the team you love to hate).

Also, why is Mr Botox not bowling tonight? Too scared of being shown up?

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Startards choked massively in that last over..

Dropped catch..

Missed run out..

Front foot No ball..

Game over..

undertaker

Coach
That 27 run over from Alex Keath turned out to be the difference. Guess he won't be getting a call-up to Sheffield Shield anytime soon.

Timbo

Staff member
lol.

The VCA would be slashing their wrists. I imagine their plans for 55,000 at Etihad for a Renegades/Stars final were pretty epic.

No Champions League coin for the Vics either!

I am quite happy.

undertaker

Coach
lol.

The VCA would be slashing their wrists. I imagine their plans for 55,000 at Etihad for a Renegades/Stars final were pretty epic.

No Champions League coin for the Vics either!

I am quite happy.

:lol:

Also happy we don't have to hear Damien Fleming or Sarah Jones wanking on about the Stars or Renegades.

undertaker

Coach
He threw that poor kid to the wolves..

Darsh was seeing them like pumkins..

It looked to me like he dogged it..He'll use the slippery ball excuse i reckon..

I love Warnie but that poor kid was treated poorly..

Another excuse he could use was that he wasn't captain tonight..:sarcasm:

As I said in another thread,

It's funny...

He's chosen to bat at #11 all tournament because he's too chickenshit and now he doesn't want to bowl yet people like Bunniesman are still spruiking he should make a comeback for the Ashes series. :lol: Tonight's reluctance to bowl and contribute stuff all to the team proves without a doubt that his BBL tournament has appropriately ended where it all started (when he got belted by the Renegades at Etihad). He's truly past his use-by date and as Jeff Thomson correctly said, time to give someone else a go. He's had his day in the sun and it's little wonder why Sutherland applauded his bad behaviour when any other no-name who did the exact same thing that he did to Samuels would've got a lot more than 1 match and $4500 fine.

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
the best players for the scorchers tonight were duckworth and lewis

Not true. The Scorchers still had to score at more than 10 an over from the get go, which isn't as easy to do in T20 as it appears.

As I said, the biggest difference between winning and losing tonight was that over from Alex Keath. That singlehandedly lost the game for the Stars/won the game for the Scorchers. And yes, lots of questions will have to be asked regarding why Warney didn't bowl. It obviously wasn't because of injury otherwise he wouldn't have played altogether tonight. He was simply too scared and you shouldn't even be selected at T20 level if you're not prepared to take responsibility, be a man and have balls of steel. He could've learnt a huge lesson from Damien Fleming (although he's crap as a commentator) in the '96 and '99WC semi-finals.

The bottom line is: the party's over. There was huge publicity last BBL and CA relied very heavily on Warne (as well as the other former Aussie players Hogg/MacGill/Hayden to a lesser extent) to promote the tournament. CA have tried to do the same thing again this series (e.g. not punishing Warne more heavily over the Samuels incident and instead saying that it was good for the game etc.) and this year's BBL has had nowhere near the level of excitement and interest as last year (as shown by both the overall crowds and tv ratings).

CA is like a rudderless boat - they have no plan and are just putting all their eggs in one basket. Washed up 40+ year old has-beens are hogging the show and thus keeping other promising young talent out of the side. They are eventually going to have to accept the fact that Warne isn't going to be there in 3 years time, as well as the other ex-internationals such as Muralitharan. What are they going to do then when crowds and tv ratings continue to plunder, and more disillusioned fans arise because they struggle to have an affinity for the city franchises (compared with the old state franchise format) as players from Sheffield Shield/Ryobi Cup state sides just simply jump from one state to another with impunity?

I know I'm going to come under some scrutiny from other forum members with some of the comments I've made, but I just think that if more people listened to pundits like Thommo who aren't prepared to be PC blowhards, common sense would prevail in CA and they wouldn't throw around all these spurious ideas such as a rotation policy in test matches etc. There's going to be a lot of accountability coming someone's way in CA and shit will be hitting the fan soon. In fact, I hate to say this as an Aussie but if we DID lose both Ashes series over the next 12 months, the positive from that will be that a lot of those nuffies like Pat Howard will be out of the job they didn't deserve in the first place.

Last edited: