What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Boppers - Price's Conundrum

Mr Red

First Grade
starting forwards
Props: Hunt, Weyman
hooker: Rein
Back row: Creagh, De-Belin
lock: Scott

bench:
Merrin
Prior
Young
King/Fien depending on fitness/form

goodbye Latimore and Ah Mau... no room for plodders..

giboz71

First Grade
No arguments here…that is certainly a good pack.
But as per the OP, playing more than 3 props has proven to be effective, hence why I vote for Latimore over Young.
When we play the likes of the Rabbits, and the Raiders, think we’re gonna need some size.

Minh

First Grade
starting forwards
Props: Hunt, Weyman
hooker: Rein
Back row: Creagh, De-Belin
lock: Scott

bench:
Merrin
Prior
Young
King/Fien depending on fitness/form

goodbye Latimore and Ah Mau... no room for plodders..

That's a very good pack but to rate Ah Mau and especially Latimore as plodders is absurd. These guys have added a bit of sting to the Dragons tail, that Latimore has become a bit of an enforcer in the team as well. I rather have these guys on the team putting every forward on notice rather than having the same old guys just going through the motions.

Breathingfire

Juniors
I don't think anyone that is fair dinkum could honestly say that Dean Young should be in the 17 when/if we have a full compliment of players. He is a great club man etc etc but it is very obvious that he is playing on one leg. Its sad but its also reality.

giboz71

First Grade
I would love to find a place in the 17 for him. But the game relies on big mobile forwards who can lay the platform and win the ruck. For Hornby and Soward to be effective, we need a dominant pack which was missing at key stages last year.

Young's saving grace was that he could fill in at hooker when needed, but now we have King/Rein/ Fien.

And we haven't even seen Vea or Miller yet.

I still don't see him getting dropped, but as I said, not sure if he is in our top side.

Elias1983

Coach
I don't think anyone that is fair dinkum could honestly say that Dean Young should be in the 17 when/if we have a full compliment of players. He is a great club man etc etc but it is very obvious that he is playing on one leg. Its sad but its also reality.

I have to agree here, Dragon through and through but i think needs to retire this year.

Latest posts