What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big League are also silly billies!

glockers

Juniors
The number of mistakes is disturbing and most are blatantly obvious. I'm a trained journalist and volunteer to take their job. Seriously it is a pretty week effort.

Ian Millward

Juniors
glockers said:
The number of mistakes is disturbing and most are blatantly obvious. I'm a trained journalist and volunteer to take their job. Seriously it is a pretty week effort.
OK YOU can have a one weak trial and see how you f**king go.

aids

Bench
the only one i notice straight away was the "who belongs where" section
the knights have about 8 manly players on their list and benji marshall is playing for the warriors

TooheysNew

Coach
glockers said:
Care to try again, Mr. Journalist?

Corbin

Juniors
I found it anoying in the rep resgistar that Benji Marshall and several other players were put in thw rong team and also...Andrew Lomu down for city? wtf? Theres alot of players On that BL registar who i dont agree with.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
HevyDevy said:
The main problem seems is that the majority of the magazine is thrown together in two days - after the weekend's games. So that does put the pressure on. That doesn't mean though that we dismiss the mistakes we make. We're not at all happy with the number of errors in this week's issue.

I'll keep in mind that everyone seems to want Premier League scores in every week. They'll be back in next week's issue apparently (no I'm not the editor but they'll be there).

The stats - well they all come in differently. The stats you see in stat attack are supplied in that format directly from NRL Stats and the designers here just flow the text in.

The stats down the side of the team pages are also supplied by NRL stats but need to be typed in manually on each page so whoever typed them in this week obviously stuffed up with Cronulla and Melbourne.

It's good to get this sort of constructive feedback though so thanks. Feel free to keep telling me what you like and don't like in the mag. We can't always promise to fulfil everyone's wishes but we're always trying to improve.

The only thing I'm concerned about in reality is that maybe we could get two weeks worth of scores for PL in next weeks edition? Is that possible?

The others are disappointing yeah, but life goes on I suppose. I think people are just concerned that they're putting 4.50 of their hard earned dough into something that on this occasion just wasn't up to scratch.

griff

Bench
The short turnaround time because it comes out weekly isn't any excuse for not proofreading the magazine properly. I know first hand there are always going to be some little mistakes you miss, but there are too many mistakes in Big League.

Heaps of newspapers are much longer and come out every single day but they don't have the sort of mistakes Big League has.

It just looks unprofessional.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
*Paul* said:
Funny thing, I stopped getting RLW a few years ago, 'cause I get fed up with the mistakes.

:lol: and now BL is coming up with more.

Ah well. Life goes on. :D

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
There have been problems all year... One week the crossword was missing half Down questions. Another week the puzzle shape changed between release and solution. There has been numerous errors in articles including words being doubled up and spelling.

It's never ending.

Heavy Devy,

If you really do work for Big League, then you need to tell your editor that the publication needs serious proof reading before printing. I don't know about Sydney, but in Queensland I don't see it in the shops until Thursday morning. Surely this is plenty of time to iron out or the problems.

In my opinion BL sh*ts all over RLW. (Who incidently have far more errors) The quality of the articles are better, the stats are better, the pre-match previews are better. But in comparison to other sports related magazines, it is a very poorly edited publication.

Latest posts