What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big League magazine a joke....

do you guys mean barry pierce ? i have no real feelings anyway about bazz, but i'd want to hear a bit more credible evidence before i crucified him. if this is some deliberate or ignorant ploy then i condemn it wholeheartedly but if it's a relatively minor misunderstanding or miscommunication then i hope it's cleared up asap for the benefit of all parties

i 100% agree as i i'm sure all sharks fans do that it's gotta be the newtown jets. period. it's more like an agreed close working relationship than an actual joint venture if i'm interpreting it correctly.

up the mighty bluebags

Jeffles

Bench
LOL

So you work for Big League or you don't own a phone :p

If it's the former you are a credible source.

2 True Blues

Coach
Well the ground announcer at Toyota Park called us The sydney airport Jets last Saturday, so I dont believe Cronulla want it as Newtown Cronulla, otherwise the crowd announcer would have been advised to call us that. Loved hearing the theme song 13 men dressed in blue over the loud speakers last Saturday at Toyota in front of a packed crowd.

The crowd for the Flegg game might I add was woeful. Must have been about a couple of hundred fans watching their juniors going around. Glad we are playing at Henson.....

HevyDevy

Coach
I do believe it's just Newtown but when you have two clubs telling you two conflicting things, all you can do is sit back and let them sort it out between themselves. The Newtown-Cronulla thing may have come from the fact that the game that week was at Toyota, but like I said that's for them to sort out

2 True Blues

Coach
Well they must have sorted it out, as like I said the ground announcer ( For Cronulla at Cronulla ) would have, and should have, Known. Dont you think ????

Joes Milk Bar

Juniors
look at the sharks site they are always called newtown or jets, ive never seen them called newtown-cronulla in any material from the club

btw greg pierce is barry's son and has been some kind of assistant something or other at the club for about 10 years

greg

Juniors
The mongrels did it again this week in the Big League mag. To the credit of the ground announcer at Kogarah he only referred to us Newtown or the Jets.

2 True Blues

Coach
Shame you had to travel so far to watch that game Greg. Will you be here for the Tigers game at Henson next saturday....???

greg

Juniors
No I'm already back in Qld. Unfortunately haven't been to league headquarters (Henson) since 1982. Yes we lost but I still enjoyed being there. I saw enough positives to not get too worried. I thought Jardine BOBONGIE was a standout. Defence let us down, not to mention that missed penalty kick for touch followed immediately by a dragons try. I can't believe how large Cliff MANUA is. Hope we hang on to him. My next game will probarbly be against the dragons again next year as per this and last year.Its bit of an annual jaunt I have with a dragon mate here in QLD. Anyway we are still 2nd (equal), cheer loud for me on the weekend, I'll be there in spirit.

PS: Boycott Big League magazine!

Latest posts