What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big League Poll

applesauce

Bench
There is currently a Big league poll on the NRL website (in its usual spot) asking 'What dictates whether you become a member of your club?'.

Considering how people complain about pricing a lot of the time (and fair enough). I figured it is probably a good idea to have a vote and pick 'price' as it is not even close to being the outright reason.:?

I don't know if the clubs pay attention to these but it couldn't hurt to try and bring it to the front of their minds or prevent them from thinking it is not an issue to increase current prices.

How would price even be a factor? I think this year I paid $300 per ST for 11 games, it would cost me about $550 for each seat if I turned up to the stadium and bought them there.

Then If you don't want reserve seating and all you can just buy a GA ST for about $200. It all comes with a hat and useless other shit.

Maybe other teams are higher and a rip off but I wouldn't be voting price.

Turn up on gameday, now there is a rip off.

Big Sam

First Grade
Would be great to see some of the $1.2b go towards subsidising membership prices like the AFL.

Although I can't really complain. For the past 3 seasons our best category has stayed around $300 for 14 games.

azza29

Juniors
Would be great to see some of the $1.2b go towards subsidising membership prices like the AFL.

Although I can't really complain. For the past 3 seasons our best category has stayed around $300 for 14 games.

Does the AFL subsidise memberships? They give an annual grant to each club but I don't know if any of this is specifically to keep memberships cheap. I know that a few thousand Collingwood supporters shell out something in the order of $800 each year to guarantee themselves a GF seat if their team plays!

Combination of value/loyalty for me - I follow a few clubs across different sports but the Storm are the only team I'm prepared to shell out for a non-GA membership. Cost about $450 for category 1 seats at every home game this year, given they are usually $55 or so I'm happy with the saving.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No the afl don't. They can offer cheap admission in Melbourne due to stadium ownership though.

I did a full list of all this years memberships, Sydney clubs were generally the cheapest.

Gozilo

Juniors
The AFL also have more people willing to fork out money for memberships regardless of the value, they just want to say that they are members and can go to games. In the NRL supporters actually consider value and likelyness of attending games etc. If centrelink paid for my membership then i would pay $800 as well.

azza29

Juniors
No the afl don't. They can offer cheap admission in Melbourne due to stadium ownership though.

AFL don't own the MCG or Etihad (yet). However as the major tenant of both venues they are in an excellent position to negotiate terms.

Latest posts