What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Ronnie

bluefox68

Staff member
So my question is:
Do all the other players who want to play for Samoa / Tonga etc AND play for NSW/QLD also meet that criterion?

Interesting that RM has also played for USA and Samoa…

snout

First Grade
Haha....inglis. carroll. Thorn. The list goes on and on and on.
Its always been a joke.
Until a winger gets picked?!?

So my question is:
Do all the other players who want to play for Samoa / Tonga etc AND play for NSW/QLD also meet that criterion?

Interesting that RM has also played for USA and Samoa…
Nah, 2nd tier nation reps can play SOO, that's why A-Fi still wanted to be picked for NSW after he chose Tonga.
If they were playing here at 13 or before they qualify.

Inferno

Coach
Does this make in ineligible to play for Australia?

Seems to be quite the bitch move to complain about a player not being eligible at all as opposed to wanting to play for one side despite only being available to play for the other.

I hope the Sharks are onto this and are ready to help him get over it. He runs on emotion, he even says thats what drives him.
Lets hope him being let down this way doesn't carry over to us. Onto it whoever the well being officer is, Jeff Robson is it?

jason taylor

Bench
Akuila Uate came to Australia as a 15 and it didn't stop him from playing for the Blues...

The criteria is a joke does anyone really care any more?

I want to know more about this. Did they change the eligibility rules since then, or did it just fly under the radar? Seems that he moved from Fiji to Woy Woy when he was 16…

chewsta

First Grade
Im gutted for the poor bastard.
I hope he comes back from camp with a point to prove and plays like a maniac possessed for us.

Frenzy.

Immortal
What a cluster phuque!

Like everything else in the game the eligibility rules are disorganised, over complicated and just a tad subjective.

Get rid of the second tier nation crap and call them all Nations and you pick and stick with one of them FFS

No one ever accused Queenslanders of being able to read. Hence not sure why we are all shocked at the QRL missing this one for so long.

ps it massively sucks that it has happened to Ronnie and he has shown massive maturity in his response.

Latest posts