What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big signing coming

centralsaint

Juniors
Tim Glasby would be a good pick up.He's actually a second rower playing out of position at prop.He played every game and got the Storms most improved. Our egde forwards Thompson,Marketo and even Tyson would struggle up front. Hymel Hunt is not what we need. Konrad Hurrell or Will Chambers would be great

giboz71

First Grade
One more signing in the backs is all we need. Korobeite or Chambers would be fully sik bro

We've definitely got some depth now:

Fullback: Dugan, Mann, Peter M
Wing: Nighty, KFFL, Peter M, Glymin (maybe Korobiete?)
Centre: Aitken, Peter M, Mann (maybe Chambers?)
Halves: Benji, Widdop, Mann, Hutchison, McCrone

Hopefully Dufty and Thompson start pushing for FG as well.

Not sure what will happen with Farrell?

The depth we have in the forwards I think applies to the backline now and hopefully puts an end to ridiculous moves like putting JDB at half and Nathan Green on the wing.

Last edited:

giboz71

First Grade
Korobiete brings us the speed and attacking punch we need.. love that guy, hes not quite Radraga but hes in that mould, and actually has more acceleration.

Not a huge fan of Chambers but better judges seem to think hes quality ;-)

Hopefully its a big-name, certainly been very impressed with the improvements in signings for 2016, 2017 will be even better, the roster is really improving the more time Peter & Mary have to clear out the deadwood and keep it evolving.

If we do land Korobiete, I imagine he would fill the role that we had in mind for Nabuli.

Would be a nice signing.

_Johnsy

Referee
Let's be honest here, there are not too many big name signings to be made from Melbourne. I'd argue Chambers doesn't fit the bill as a "big name signing", close but not a big name IMO.

BennyV

Referee
Let's be honest here, there are not too many big name signings to be made from Melbourne. I'd argue Chambers doesn't fit the bill as a "big name signing", close but not a big name IMO.

Current QLD and Australian Rep. Not a big name.

grouch

First Grade
Chambers is most definitely a big name and would be a phenomenal signing.

Absolutely zero chance the Storm let him go early to a rival club

Exsilium

First Grade
Chambers would be a great signing for the club.

It may be a case of chambers being too rich for their cap now that he has played for Australia and QLD origin.

koroibete would be just as good a signing as centre is pretty well covered. I know we're are all thinking a back but it could be a forward. Not sure who or why but maybe our wishful thinking has us at chambers & koroibete

_Johnsy

Referee
Point taken, maybe I should have stated "I'm yet to see anything from him that excites me".

He was given the Oz jumper via injuries, as were a few players. He has been 18th man & played one origin game. Would definitely be happy to get him, a great acquisition in the centres. Very solid player, I just don't see him as a big name.

The Nick

Bench
WTF? Chambers would be a certainty but Mann is almost a certainty not to displace either of the current centres.

Mann is coming to play in our top 13. Whether that's in the centres or not only time will tell. Someone will be making way.