What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big signing coming

_Johnsy

Referee
So if we do happen to get both Mann & Chambers, who are our starting centres out of PM, Mann, Aitken & Chambers ??? & who shuffles to the wing? PM-Mann

hardbaby

Coach
Let's be honest here, there are not too many big name signings to be made from Melbourne. I'd argue Chambers doesn't fit the bill as a "big name signing", close but not a big name IMO.

Chambers is an outstanding footballer

hardbaby

Coach
PM - Aitken

Mann is no certain starter above those 2, far from it IMO

I reckon he is being groomed to replace Benji then they can use that money to sign a star elsewhere. That said, I reckon they will move Mata to wing and slot Mann into centres next year.

Mann and Aitken will be our centres for a very long time so get used to it and if people are'nt happy with that combo long term then they are hard to please!PM and Flo on the wings rest sorts itslf out and without going into another team list I'm sure everyone would agree that with the new forwards coming next year is looking pretty promising!oh and rein at hooker!

jenninga

First Grade
]I reckon he is being groomed to replace Benji [/B]then they can use that money to sign a star elsewhere. That said, I reckon they will move Mata to wing and slot Mann into centres next year.

Close to the money.Don't see us re signing Benji and Mann and the signing of McCrone for a couple of years should cover Benji leaving.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
So much speculation, so many possibilities. It might not even be a back that we're talking to from Melbourne, maybe it's one of their forwards. I mean it's highly likely that it's a player in the backline considering the rumours and probability, but could you imagine if we landed someone like Bromwich. What a master-stroke that'd be from Mulholland.
I'd like the member who posted this to come forward again and give us any more information if possible. Did your source not let slip who it might be at all? Are you certain that they're reliable? It all seems a little too far-fetched and speculative to me. Melbourne are pretty good and keeping players under contract.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Kentucky Fried Lizard!

1.1271844762.fried-lizard.jpg

V

Vasilevsky

I reckon he is being groomed to replace Benji then they can use that money to sign a star elsewhere. That said, I reckon they will move Mata to wing and slot Mann into centres next year.

I very much doubt that. He is being groomed to replace Widdop if anything. That wouldn't be so bad. Based on what I have seen he is a s**t centre but may be a good 5/8. Of course if that were the case it would beg the question why Bellamy preferred an aging journeyman to Mann at 5/8.

hardbaby

Coach
I very much doubt that. He is being groomed to replace Widdop if anything. That wouldn't be so bad. Based on what I have seen he is a s**t centre but may be a good 5/8. Of course if that were the case it would beg the question why Bellamy preferred an aging journeyman to Mann at 5/8.

I would be very surprised if Marshall is re-signed but I guess time will tell. If by ageing journeyman you are referring to Blake Green you mustn't have watch the Storm play much. He had a fantastic year. Bellamy likes a five eight that underplays his hand around the big 3. I can see why he was picked over a rookie.

The Nick

Bench
Rein would be crazy to go to the Tigers for the same money he's on now. Surely Tigers would have to sweeten the deal to entice him to move.

Just don't see it happening.

V

Vasilevsky

I would be very surprised if Marshall is re-signed but I guess time will tell. If by ageing journeyman you are referring to Blake Green you mustn't have watch the Storm play much. He had a fantastic year. Bellamy likes a five eight that underplays his hand around the big 3. I can see why he was picked over a rookie.

I know he had a great year. I have stated as much several times. Played like Widdop used to before he came to the Dragons with delusions about being the main playmaker rather than a guy who excels in 'underplaying' (which evidently leads to him having a much greater [positive] outcome on the game) his hand.

On the other hand Melbourne did just squeeze into the top 4, only 4 points ahead of the Dragons, wasn't it? If Mann were really a good 5/8 one wold think Bellamy would have started him in front of Green.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coffs dragon

Bench
This rumour of a so called big name signing will more tham likely be for 2017 and a halback replacement for Benji. I think any future signing have to wait past 1st November before it can be announced. Wouldn't surprise me if it's Cronk...or perhaps Mybe or Keary!!! Cronk supposedly has a girlfriend in Sydney whom is a Fox sports presenter. That could be a conspiracy theory.

V

Vasilevsky

This rumour of a so called big name signing will more tham likely be for 2017 and a halback replacement for Benji. I think any future signing have to wait past 1st November before it can be announced. Wouldn't surprise me if it's Cronk...or perhaps Mybe or Keary!!! Cronk supposedly has a girlfriend in Sydney whom is a Fox sports presenter. That could be a conspiracy theory.

Cronk is older than Benji! It won't be Cronk.

Latest posts