1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Bill and Ted 3

Discussion in 'The Music & Movies Forum' started by Generalzod, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Generalzod

Generalzod Referee

2. azzah72

azzah72 Bench

It looks so stupid and I can't wait.
    The world need bill and Ted right now.
    Be excellent to each other!

Generalzod likes this.
  3. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Bench

I grew up with the originals being a youngster in the 90’s but I can just imagine millennials holding them up to a high standard (probably never even having watched them) just because they’ve heard from parents/older siblings how much we liked them, then they will think this new one sux because it’s just not for them... wow, anyway, can’t wait.

Generalzod likes this.
  4. Mr Angry

Mr Angry Not a Referee

My daugthers first dog was called Rufus, she named after Rufus from Bill and Ted when a very little girl.

Lived a good twenty years that kelpie.

Now here we are.

True story.

jargan83 and Generalzod like this.
  5. Desert Qlder

Desert Qlder First Grade

Soundtrack will be an important feature of the movie.

The first two movies featured a brilliant hard rock and metal mix, straddling the two worlds of glam metal and the burgeoning grunge movement of the time. Looking at the list they were melded seamlessly in many respects.

These two genres are now well out of fashion, with very few bands featuring in the charts in these days of computerised, manufactured music.

Playing it safe is not an option. Hoping they go for some bands that the two characters are likely to be listening to in their mid-forties.

6. Desert Qlder

Desert Qlder First Grade

How good is Winger?

Station!!

The Mad Hatter likes this.
  7. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Coach

Madeleine, Seventeen...awesome Winger.

8. Generalzod

Generalzod Referee

Socrates lol

9. Desert Qlder

Desert Qlder First Grade

Alas, not to be.

Music was not even a feature of the film.

It was an ok movie, some slightly funny parts. Alex Winter and William Sadler was on song, Keanu less so, and the daughters did their job pretty well. Wasn't impressed with 'the song didn't matter' naff at the end but what the hell.

But we live in a 'post-creativity' world, so hard to expect anything original here.

10. Matua

Matua Juniors

I liked it, thought it was fun, obviously nostalgic, and liked how they ran the daughters story parallel withe B and T's.

11. Desert Qlder

Desert Qlder First Grade

It was fun. That wasn't my complaint.

But the lack of music was a problem for me. I mean anyone who was that into Eddie Van Halen at 17 is still going to be a headbanger at heart. These guys would have been still listening to hard rock/heavy metal into their forties.

The fact that that music is now unfashionable could have been included in the story, while also being respectful to the music and fans just like Bill and Ted.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  12. Desert Qlder

Desert Qlder First Grade

Also, where was Station?

f**k having some nobody rapper instead of the greatest scientist in the galaxy.

13. azzah72

azzah72 Bench

It was a good time but agree on the your thoughts on the music.

Not a deal breaker for me but it certainly wasn't where it should have been.

The best part was Hendrix and Mozart having a jam

But everything else in the movie I thought was close to bang on, I even think Keanus performance was deliberately as so as he was the weary one.

Comedy was pretty funny at times and the daughters were pretty good themselves.

Only 2 things were
    no station being a slight bummer
    and the robot was funny in an awkward way but also kind of stood out like a sore thumb in the movie.