What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Burns

Dea

Juniors
You'll be fine bud.....just follow the process and listen to the experts.....they are developing new ideas and new cures every week.....I beat Bowel Cancer in 2013 and will beat Prostate Cancer in 2021...good luck next week...thanks for your good wishes...go The Red V

all the best this season, BSE & Jak. Hoping our Dragons can keep playing well and inspire you to overcome your health challenges.

Bayside Dragon

Juniors
We don't have to develop juniors to fill every position on the field. Rather we encourge, help and develop juniors who show promise and hopefully play first grade for the Dragons one day.

Every successful team has a mix of juniors and players recruited to the club. The trick is to ensure we have first grade ready players each season who are capable of making our team competitive.

For 2021 we have one former SOO player, one local junior and the remaining props are being either fringe first graders or still under development. So we have enought 'props with potential'. We need one more top level prop and we will need to recruit him.

Swaping Blacker for Burns makes good sense given that the Dragons have an urgent need for at least one more backrow forward while at the moment have a list of too many props under development. The recruitment of Burns who is first grade ready fills a whole we needed to fill and letting go of Blacker gives us one more spot in our prop rotation that we can fill with a top grade prop.

Griffin is doing a great job sorting out our player list and I think that in 2022, he will have the opportunity to deliver a well balanced and talented squad.
The addition of Burns allows Hook to put Kerr back into the props rotation if needed.

I think Hook is playing the long game. In the business world it's called 'risk management'. Something Mary had no clue about.

Always believed that Webby & Hook combination is the best think to happen at the Dragons in the last 10yrs. Still see no reason to change my mind.

Can't overstate the importance of Webby's appointment. Hard to believe that our BOD took their snouts out of trough long enough to do that.

Illusion

Bench
The addition of Burns allows Hook to put Kerr back into the props rotation if needed.

I think Hook is playing the long game. In the business world it's called 'risk management'. Something Mary had no clue about.

Always believed that Webby & Hook combination is the best think to happen at the Dragons in the last 10yrs. Still see no reason to change my mind.

Can't overstate the importance of Webby's appointment. Hard to believe that our BOD took their snouts out of trough long enough to do that.
They had to as you say ( snouts out of trough long enough ) .... otherwise they would have all drowned ....

Dragonslayer

First Grade
It's like a broken record...........Kerr will stay on the edge, he is a work-in-progress with the coaching staff and is improving each week.
Burns is a handy back-up at this stage, however, Williame is doing the job that has been assigned to him by Hook, he plays an important roll and does it well at this stage. Sometimes it's not about being dynamic it's about the cog in the wheel.
Burns will be a back-up in case of injury with sights set on taking Tariq's spot when he's "had enough".

saints4ever

First Grade
I like Kerr on the edge but 80 mins a game for an entire season for a former prop, is a big ask.
He might need a few spell games to freshen him up. I dare say he'll be selected in origin again and will play this time.

possm

Coach
It's like a broken record...........Kerr will stay on the edge, he is a work-in-progress with the coaching staff and is improving each week.
Burns is a handy back-up at this stage, however, Williame is doing the job that has been assigned to him by Hook, he plays an important roll and does it well at this stage. Sometimes it's not about being dynamic it's about the cog in the wheel.
Burns will be a back-up in case of injury with sights set on taking Tariq's spot when he's "had enough".
McGuire has been recruited for a reason. While I believe he will be on the bench for our game against the Warriors, Griffin's plans for McGuire should be revealed when he comes onto the field.

So if Kerr is to stay on the right edge, then it can only be to replace Fui or else, Griffin wants Kerr back in the middle, replaced by Fui or McGuire.

For me McGuire looks to be a middle player so I see him in the lock position and Fui on the edge.

Kerr going back to prop will make up for the unsuccessful tilt at signing Fifita. This would in effect mean a prop rotation of Vaughan, Lawrie, Kerr and Alvaro with the final two bench spots being selected according to Griffins game plan each game.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
McGuire has been recruited for a reason. While I believe he will be on the bench for our game against the Warriors, Griffin's plans for McGuire should be revealed when he comes onto the field.

So if Kerr is to stay on the right edge, then it can only be to replace Fui or else, Griffin wants Kerr back in the middle, replaced by Fui or McGuire.

For me McGuire looks to be a middle player so I see him in the lock position and Fui on the edge.

Kerr going back to prop will make up for the unsuccessful tilt at signing Fifita. This would in effect mean a prop rotation of Vaughan, Lawrie, Kerr and Alvaro with the final two bench spots being selected according to Griffins game plan each game.
Fui isn’t playing 80 minutes at lock, I reckon he will be in the lock rotation with Fuimaono. Maybe eventually he will start and Fuimaono will come on for some impact later on. It also opens the option of having Fuimaono on the bench in place of Wiliame so we can squeeze in another forward.
8.Lawrie
10.Vaughan
11.Kerr
12.Sims
13.McGuire
14.Faumausili
15.Alvaro
16.Merrin
17.Fuimaono
A bit unfair on Fuimaono but a well balanced team.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
McGregor couldn’t see fit to use Blacker. Even though he needed every possible help he could get.

Young couldn’t see fit to use Blacker.

Hook not only didn’t see fit to use Blacker, he’s actively recruited 3 new front rowers instead. Including Daniel f**king Alvaro (who I’ll admit had added much more than I gave him credit for)..

But yet, for some reason Blacker is seen as a massive loss from people on here....

The club needed a young edge forward to replace the ageing and increasingly ineffectual Sims so to that extent I'm all for getting Burns on board. Blacker aka "Ivan Drago" is just pure Hollywood-probably not much chop as a prop just yet but so damn HUGE. We haven't had someone like him at the club for a while.

Illusion

Bench
The club needed a young edge forward to replace the ageing and increasingly ineffectual Sims so to that extent I'm all for getting Burns on board. Blacker aka "Ivan Drago" is just pure Hollywood-probably not much chop as a prop just yet but so damn HUGE. We haven't had someone like him at the club for a while.
Huge yep , how mobile I don't know .... The way the game is going players have to be mobile , line speed fast ... Have not seen enough of him to know if he fits that mold .....

denis preston

First Grade
Would help our year if Posy had a breakout game. Been ( very ? ) disappointing so far but we dont know if it is injury related.

The calm one

Juniors

Kerr won't be moving anywhere.