What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Burns

mickeylane

Bench
Was always going to struggle to make the top 17 squad, probably sitting somewhere between 22-23 on the spots list...this lot would be in front of him..
Bird
JDB
Fuimaono
Sims
Sua
Mcguire
Kerr
Lawrie
Burgess
Molo
Woods

then
Alvaro
Burns
Fuimasaali

possm

Coach
Was always going to struggle to make the top 17 squad, probably sitting somewhere between 22-23 on the spots list...this lot would be in front of him..
Bird
JDB
Fuimaono
Sims
Sua
Mcguire
Kerr
Lawrie
Burgess
Molo
Woods

then
Alvaro
Burns
Fuimasaali
In my opinion, Burns is a second-row forward who, if required, could play in the positions of lock or center.

I'd say that in the early rounds of 2022, the forward teams will be first choice selection:

First-Grade
1. Sloan
2. Ramsey
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Amone
7. Sullivan
8. F Molo
9. B Hunt
10. Woods
11. Sims
12. Su'A
13. JDB
14. MBye
15. Burgess
16. Lawrie - (McQuire suspended)
17. Bird

Reserve Grade
1. Stewart
2. Matt Feagai
3. Max Freagai
4. Moga
8. Alvaro
9. McCullough
10. Kerr
11. Burns
12. Gosiewshi
13. Fuimaono
15. Fuimasaali
16. J Hunt
17. Ford.

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
No good to learn of the injury but hopefully he is back at it in no time. Aside from Hunt, Lomax and De Belin, I don't think think we have a single player in our squad that owns his position. Burns is typical of our team, loads of potential but haven't nailed first grade yet. Even Sua and Molo, our best signings have spent time in reserves recently. I really can see Burns coming on in 22, running those lines he has a bit of sense about him. With all the depth we have at the club and in particular the young guys, it will be very interesting to see who earns and owns their position.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Bird
JDB
Fuimaono
Sims
Sua
Mcguire
Kerr
Lawrie
Burgess
Molo
Woods

then
Alvaro
Burns
Fuimasaali
I'm more optimistic about Burns than you Mickey- he was mistake prone early ,but towards the end of last season, on occasions, he was our most impactive running forward and was pulling off some good hits in defence.

Fui and McGuire are too undisciplined for my liking and Sims has to pull his finger out. Burns is right in the mix as long as he keeps improving.

denis preston

First Grade
Huge pre season injury but likely to be back for the trial games !! Oxymoron there i think. Well it is the silly season for state the bloody obvious articles and "training the house down " reports.

Latest posts