What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Slater offside constantly

Kiwi

First Grade
Slater was onside both times. His try was awesome, and he was onside, as for the Carlaw try I see it this way.

Slater was taken out by Gidley in the jump, Gidley played Slater not the ball, he came from the otherside of Tahu to take him out. Then stood and watched Carlaw run in for the try, he made no attempt to tackle Carlaw, and Slater didn't make an attempt to take him out, even though Gidley did it to him in the jump. Fair try.

NSW and their fans are starting to sound like the whinging Gould.

JJ

Immortal
Kiwi said:
Slater was onside both times. His try was awesome, and he was onside, as for the Carlaw try I see it this way.

Slater was taken out by Gidley in the jump, Gidley played Slater not the ball, he came from the otherside of Tahu to take him out. Then stood and watched Carlaw run in for the try, he made no attempt to tackle Carlaw, and Slater didn't make an attempt to take him out, even though Gidley did it to him in the jump. Fair try.

NSW and their fans are starting to sound like the whinging Gould.

All I said was that the video ref should have been used. That's not whinging.

Unlike yourself I don't pretend to have an in-depth knowledge of the rules, so I am not commenting on whether or not the try was fair (but I don't think Slater had to make "an attempt" to obstruct Gidley, the question is, was he in the way? - and as for criticising Gidley, all centres, even beloved Queensland ones protect their wingers in those situations). I'm just saying it was exactly the case in which the video ref should have been used.

I do find it remarkable how so many people in the forum can be sooo certain that their interpretation is the correct one. The bottom line is that no-one gives a rat's arse about our interpretations, and if ours are so good (as you kiwi seem to think yours is) then you should change professions. Bottom line is that Hampstead's was the only opinion that counted unless he called for the video ref - and in that case, I don't see how he could have no doubt about the decision.

Earl

Coach
Offside :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you El Duque, whos photo shows Billy Slater clearly onside.

Stop f**king crying about it and move on :roll:

Latest posts