What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird Contract

Stake Removed

First Grade
Here we go.

We move him to fullback plays brilliant, he as said in past gets bored in centres.

In his first year managed to do well at 5/8 even with Robbo as half.

Has played SOO already

He wants spine money.

We signed Holmes on spine money to be fullback going forward.

Bird playing at fullback has really strengthed his argument in how much his next contract is worth, the question is where is his best position and how it will suit us.

He wants to be in spine, for me he can be running half, but then that mean either CT or Jimmy need to make way, its big call but i think we moved forward without CT.

2018 spine Holmes/Maloney/Bird/Brailey, Maloney contract up end of 2018 i think we get another year from him, then 2020, maybe young Flanno if development keeps going

Card Shark

Immortal
Bird playing well at fullback might've created more headaches than solved them.

I still think centre is best for him, from a team point of view.

snout

First Grade
Paul Greens problem?....Scott and Thurston both gone in 2 years. Taumolomo and morgan will both go when thurston does.
The difference between them winning everyhting they have won and lost in the past 5 years has fallen on one guy. Thurston

Cows will have years of bottom of the table hibernation when he goes after next season.

We are in a good space.
We have young blokes on the up. Having too many and actually having to decide who to keep is healthy.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Our 20's disembowled the Raiders yesterday, i am guessing its our biggest score for our 20's team, add to that Matthews/Flegg still undefeated

Frenzy.

Immortal
Here we go.

We move him to fullback plays brilliant, he as said in past gets bored in centres.

In his first year managed to do well at 5/8 even with Robbo as half.

Has played SOO already

He wants spine money.

We signed Holmes on spine money to be fullback going forward.

Bird playing at fullback has really strengthed his argument in how much his next contract is worth, the question is where is his best position and how it will suit us.

He wants to be in spine, for me he can be running half, but then that mean either CT or Jimmy need to make way, its big call but i think we moved forward without CT.

2018 spine Holmes/Maloney/Bird/Brailey, Maloney contract up end of 2018 i think we get another year from him, then 2020, maybe young Flanno if development keeps going

Is your real name Walt Disney?

MilkShark

First Grade
Let's be honest here, Bird played awesome at fullback. However, he hardly got kicked to at all last night, don't think he was tested under the high ball either. Taking this into consideration he really played like a old school lock.

Sign him as Gals replacement, let him play what he see's in front of him.

Card Shark

Immortal
I think Chad is ready to play rep footy...he doesn't deem fazed by any situation now.

Having Maloney alongside him must give him stacks of confidence.

PJ

First Grade
Let's be honest here, Bird played awesome at fullback. However, he hardly got kicked to at all last night, don't think he was tested under the high ball either. Taking this into consideration he really played like a old school lock.

Sign him as Gals replacement, let him play what he see's in front of him.

Why would you bother bombing to Bird when you have Felki as a target

cb4

First Grade
Rep player? Not really, in terms of Half Backs he would be in the lower echelon mentioned for rep footy.
He won't play Origin ahead of Reynolds and Pearce.
Those two also play for City.

In terms of Bird and his contract, I am not sure his worth or his position so it makes it tough at the negotiating table with him.
He isn't our long term fullback, he isn't our long term 5/8 or Half, he doesn't want to be a forward and he is bored in the Centres.
Tough spot to be in.

Bird is probably the best utility player on the market.
Even fans of the other clubs interested in him are not sure where they'd play him.
This is clichéd but he is a real rugby league player.
How much out of the cap do you allow for this type of player?
IMO he will be picked for NSW again and for a few more years on his utility value.

Latest posts