What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake and Simonsson - synchronised sinners

eel01s

Bench
I still can't believe we signed Simonson for three years.

Other than Gutho and Sivo, our back five is clearly substandard compared to most other teams.

What is worse is our depth. Yes we have injuries but we have no decent wingers or centres that can give us some go forward and start our sets off.

Avenger

Immortal
I still can't believe we signed Simonson for three years.

Other than Gutho and Sivo, our back five is clearly substandard compared to most other teams.

What is worse is our depth. Yes we have injuries but we have no decent wingers or centres that can give us some go forward and start our sets off.
Worst buy in a long time.

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade
I wonder if Matto addressed the squad during the pre-season about his decision and explained it to them.
“Hey lads, I just want to address the whole suspension thing for next year. I really think I needed to be the spokesperson on behalf of all of us and tell them to shove their quite lenient fine option up their rectums. I bet they’re fuming eh…

oh yeah and I love cash and place it above any of you blokes, but yeah, mostly the whole giving it to the NRL”

Angry_eel

First Grade
I know we say this every year with different players but I feel Waqa/Simonson will be BA's undoing.

Why did we not keep Opacic or at least replace him with a better center.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I thought Opacic chose to leave... as in he didn't seek an extension etc, but followed his path/dreams?

But agree we didn't actually replace him (or what Niukore brought as centre cover) at all - a huge oversight in terms of centre/edge defence.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We didn't like-for-like replace any of the players that left, but we want those players who replaced them to play like-for-like as the guys who left. It's f**ken madness.
Playing Murchie as a middle for starters, he’s a handy back rower that runs very good lines. Into the middle you go says SuperCoach!! Playing Hodgo for 80 when he hasn’t done it for years takes the cake for me.

yy_cheng

Coach
I thought Opacic chose to leave... as in he didn't seek an extension etc, but followed his path/dreams?

But agree we didn't actually replace him (or what Niukore brought as centre cover) at all - a huge oversight in terms of centre/edge defence.
Maybe he thought jirah could do what Marata did

the phantom menace

First Grade
We thought wrong - although someone here will say two rounds is a small sample size and that we should be patien.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

chiefy1

Juniors
They deserve their own thread. Up there with the worst players that have ever played for our club. Hang your heads in shame you f**king plodders!!!

I'm shaking as I write this. That's how angry I am.

Just f**king leave!!
Yes well Brad's the fool who signed Simmonson for 3 years ffs. What a joke. It just shows how much faith brad has in our juniors.

JokerEel

Coach
Yes well Brad's the fool who signed Simmonson for 3 years ffs. What a joke. It just shows how much faith brad has in our juniors.

Once again I would love MONs job he doesn't have to sign anyone same as the recruitment/retention committee.