What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Austin

Mascot Tiger

Juniors
Also Cory Patterson ( i hope this isnt true )

Only thing i know about Blake Austin is from memory was he signed a huge contract at Penrith when he was a youngster ? Could be wrong though

Mario chalmers

Juniors
He played in the halves for Penrith up in Townsville earlier this season and Penrith got pumped 30-0.

Didn't play first grade the following week.

Radical Rat

Juniors
Blake Austin is a good player. Was always a level above at 20's level. However my concern is that he's a Siro style 5/8. And I think Siro is going to be better than him.

Although Siro at lock and Austin at 5/8 would give us some size. Maybe a Brooks/Austin combo would compliment each other well. It would be similiar to Reynolds/Sutton in size and playing styles.

super_coach

First Grade
Standout junior footballer who could be a really good buy.Covers a lot of positions,has some size and has a football brain,Patterson on the other hand is just like most of our other signings over the years...average

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I was thinking the same Moller, surely Austin will play 6 and they will send Anasta packing to England.

I haven't seen much of Austin, but he can't possibly be worse than Anasta, right?

moller

Juniors
Panthers fans seem to rate him, so that's something.
I'd want Sirro to be playing full-time backrow by midseason 2014 tbh. He's going to be a weapon.

simon says

First Grade
Standout junior footballer who could be a really good buy.Covers a lot of positions,has some size and has a football brain,Patterson on the other hand is just like most of our other signings over the years...average

Gee tough call.

Ive always liked how this kid plays.....big and an offload.

he has had issues but if they are sorted I think he is a potential gun and just the type of player we need.

Radical Rat

Juniors
Gee tough call.

Ive always liked how this kid plays.....big and an offload.

he has had issues but if they are sorted I think he is a potential gun and just the type of player we need.

Yeah I wasn't too keen at first. But he's still only 26. And like you said, big and rangy with a good offload. We don't have any like him.

innsaneink

Referee
Happy with both new recruits

Theyve both shown me in the past theyre very good players, up to Potsy & his crew to get the most out of them now

Patterson on the other hand is just like most of our other signings over the years...average

I often wonder about this

Is it the players we get, or the coaching they get when they get here, the culture they walk into...the attitude in the joint?

We must have a lot of bad luck, where teams like Melb & Manly make new recruits even better

Coincidence?

super_coach

First Grade
Siro and Austin are very similar, both have most of the skills of a 6 or 7 but are built for the backrow.

Austin would walk into our side at present if the selectors were picking the team on ability,attitude and form so that is a plus as for Patterson,I dont know what Potter is going to do that the Knights and Cowboys could not do.Maybe the one year contract might make him mean and keen.

The way I see it we have got a player who can only get better and another player who has a lot to play for, their two good reasons to sign them

Our backrow stocks are pretty bad so I am happy with Patterson, and if Austin coming in means we can cut Braith I am happy with that one too.