What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blatant Tim Morrissey lie in RUGBY MAULS AFL article.

iggy plop

First Grade
A wonderful article for Bea to read on page 41 of today's TeleCrap titled "Rugby Mauls the AFL".

It goes on to say how AFL is still a long long way behind the two rugby codes in Sydney going by the TV ratings for the weeknd where in Sydney the rugby Test averaged 477,900 and the Swans Blockbuster 160,000 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (300,000 being a figure considered acceptable on a Sat night :lol: )

Nationally the yawnion outrated the androtop Ball with 1.29 viewers to the AFL'S 970,000 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In saying that Morrissey went on to say how the AFL figure was hampered by the fact that 10 did not show the Big Game in Brisbane "where the Lions consistently out rate NRL heavy-weights the Broncos".

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH MORRISSEY AND U KNOW IT!!!! The Lions have only beaten the Broncos on 1 or 2 occassions and all of their games are telecast live and Broncos delayed. Even last year when the AFL wankers proclaimed the Lions v Collingwood game beat the Good Friday Broncos v Roosters game, it was in peak figures only. The Broncos won the all-important average figure.

Anyway even the Rugby Tests ratings were shite. It couldn't beat the much-maligned Australia v NZ Anzac Test in Sydney and many FNF games get better figures than the 477,000.

SUCK SHIT AFL YOU IRRELEVANT CRAP AND SUCK AN EGG YAWNION _ YOU"RE NOT AS BIG AS YOU THINK U ARE!!

I feel like One Eye with all those caps.

IGGY.

iggy plop

First Grade
Oh, I thought I was in TFC :roll:

Anyway, the fact that they didn't even show the AFL at all in Brisbane last week is obviously a reflection of the TV ratings for the tripe up there.

Don't lie again Timmy, We'll get ya! :D

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Is this Tim Morrisey, the ex-Sydney Kings basketball player? What the hell is he writing about other sports for?

dimitri

First Grade
once again iggy pop

you give us 10% factual info

well done

afl writers and yawnyawn writers always try to twist facts

but league is always the winner

:!: :!: :!:

felix

Juniors
tiger pride said:
Is this Tim Morrisey, the ex-Sydney Kings basketball player? What the hell is he writing about other sports for?

He never gives any love to the Kings and the NBL in his articles either,
the only time he says something positive about anything is about the swans and the afl

iggy plop

First Grade
dimitri said:
once again iggy pop

you give us 10% factual info

:!: :!: :!:

Only 10% Dim? :cry:

I know what you mean mate.

Down with the geese I say. We gotta keep em honest! :D

dimitri

First Grade
sorry bro

1000% to make up for my last post

:clap: :clap: :clap:

keep up the work of fighting the evil forces

iggy plop

First Grade
tiger pride said:
Is this Morrisey, the ex-Sydney Kings basketball player? What the hell is he writing about other sports for?

FOGTDMozCover1_tn.jpg

There's photo of him.

He's another leech in the mould of Wells and Fitzgerald.

If these ponces wrote about AFL they'd never get a mention so they have to take pot-shots at the more popular codes like League and even Yawnion.

dimitri

First Grade
i agree

thats also why sailor always talks about league in his columns otherwise they just wouldnt get a mention

It's like there is a ladder there and League is on top but to get there you have to tear apart everything above you.

That's why AFL has regular shots at League and Union and Union takes them at League. Sailor is pathetic. Two years out of League and it's all he talks about in his columns.

If it wasn't for the $s, Sailor would still be playing League. Enjoy it while you can Wendy you turncoat. Your days of being somebody end the moment you finish playing. If you'd have stayed with League, you would have had a career after it in League. The best you can hope for with Union is to be the next Campese. Write books that whinge, bitch and whine about everything and end up in the $1.00 bin in two weeks.

:lol: :lol:

zulu

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
He's another leech in the mould of Wells and Fitzgerald.

If these ponces wrote about AFL they'd never get a mention so they have to take pot-shots at the more popular codes like League and even Yawnion.

It's funny how that fella still had a go at league in the form of a lie, in an article highlighting how irrelevant aussie rules is in Sydney.

twisted minds.

Surandy

Bench
So an international test match that was billed as the Rugby World Cup grand final replay got about half the viewers in Sydney that State Of Origin 2 did?

And HOW exactly is that meant to be a success? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Beaussie

First Grade
Mr Morrissey is spot on. The Lions regularly outrate the Broncos in Brisbane and lets not forget the fact that the Lions also regularly attract bigger crowds than the Broncos.

iggy plop

First Grade
Beaussie said:
Mr Morrissey is spot on. The Lions regularly outrate the Broncos in Brisbane and lets not forget the fact that the Lions also regularly attract bigger crowds than the Broncos.

I can't belive a journo can be so careless with his lies. As if league people were'nt going to pick the dweeb up on that.

blaine train

Juniors
The Lions regularly outrate the Broncos in Brisbane and lets not forget the fact that the Lions also regularly attract bigger crowds than the Broncos.

PROOF? nrl gf outrated afl gf even though the lions were going for 3 and there was no qld team in nrl gf. your an idiot beaussie. nobody cares about afl in qld. for sout-east qld, afl has a 8 team comp. thats the highest level. rl has qld cup and 100's of other a-grade comps. a year ago they did this poll through schools in places like roma and way out west. they asked from like 500 kids who was their fav sportsmen in qld. a. was lockyer. b.was voss. c.was lathem. 100% chose lockyer :clap: . there isnt even a junior comp in toowoomba where i live and thats an hour away from brissy :lol: