What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bleak news from Bleak City

Godz Illa

Coach
I'm not looking forward to watching this game at all. An uninspiring performance, by the sounds of it. Very little to be happy about.

Collateral

Coach
This season was over before it started, we have lacked heart and determination in every game this year and I am sick of the same old excuses.

If we cant win against the Joey-less Knights next week, then I am going down to the tab to put my money on us taking out that wooden spoon, and that isnt a depths of depresion anrgy call either.

:evil:

Dragon

Coach
No discipline. Its all it comes down to.

So many off-side penaltys its not funny. Ok so, i can accept one or two a game, but today they were simply lazy in defence. Head did shit all. Baz obviously needs more time to get adjusted. We need Simms and Ryles back, and Poore and Powell need to be play next week, and Gaz back in the side.

Tripple uppercut to all who played today.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Maybe Barrett is the problem. You can't win with the butterfingered hack in your side, yet without him you do.

The reason your team will remain an inconsistent rubble, incapable of winning the comp is the coach. He isn't first grade material and IMO the players don't respect him. Simple as that. If Ricky Stuart was your coach i've no dobut the Dragons would become an immediate Premiership threat. You certainly have the players over there, just as we did a couple of years ago. But only when Sticky took over did we develop the consistency, toughness and discipline to win the comp. Unfortunately for you guys, Slappy does not have those attributes.

Collateral

Coach
Couldnt agree more TS, I really wanted to get Tim Sheens but we missed out on him. As long as we dont end up with Chris Anderson though :?

The Dragons, no matter what anyone tells me, have internal problems of some description. No team can be so good yet so crap.

New Coach would be great (Nathan you're a great bloke but not a great coach), we need someone who is tested and experienced, who is disciplined and will not take crap performances.
Craig Bellamy would of been good but we missed on him as well. Maybe Ian Millward (spelling) the Saint Helens coach will come back like he could of the other year for us. Or Maybe we can get the Gus to coach us, I dont care as long as they are experienced, well disciplined and smart coaches.

Dragon

Coach
Yeah im thinking the same now. in the past ive always thought "nah, Browny is alright, hes a good bloke and deserves a shot"

Well f*ck this.

Warren Ryan, plz save us. Bennett, we offer you $2M a season.

Doust do whatever you can!

Southernsaint

Staff member
It's like a broken record: No discipline, no application, no determination, no victory...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Godz Illa

Coach
I've found the bright side - Penrith were also thrashed down in Melbourne early last year. I know I'm clutching at straws, but at least I've got something to hold on to.

Biglance

Bench
i think barrett and timmins swap or barrett has to play halfback
barrett at halfback is the key now

Spanner

Juniors
I really had high hopes for your mob this year but again they have let me down.
Maybe if they all respected each other they would play as a team.
Sack Slappy, the players dislike him.

See you Anzac Sunday.

Spanner.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Biglance said:
i think barrett and timmins swap or barrett has to play halfback
barrett at halfback is the key now

Ha ha, the delicious irony of The Face having to move back to the number 7 he hated so much when he was shunted there by Mundine.

We just have to face facts that Barrett isn't a leader or a real game-breaker at Five Eighth.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Southernsaint

Staff member
next knights half said:
you think you will beat us with no johns hahahahahahahahahaha

Been there, done that.

I'm just glad it was against Parra & not Saints that Joey had his career-threatening injury. I'd hate to feel the wrath of the Octagenarian Knitting Circle AKA the Newcastle Knights supporters club again, like when Saints injured him the other year...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Simon

Juniors
We got hammered in the forwards today. You can't blame any of the backs for this loss. We were always on the back foot, which resulted in us giving penalties away to try and allow ourselves time to get back in defence. This only further put us on the back foot. One reason I see as a catalyst for this today was our lack of size. We went into the game today with only one prop in Bailey and backrowers who can fill in at prop. Even with Ryles, Sims and Long out we should of played another prop. Our backrow was even small compared to other teams with Young and Riddell there. I seriously can't see why Powell is in the team. He started at dummy half, where Riddell would of been better and I didn't see Powell for the rest of the game, I don't even know if he went back on. And just one note on Blacklock if he gets into dummy half he has to go forward or he shouldn't be in there at all. Every time he gets in there he runs sideways and always submits which serves no purpose but to waste a tackle. One bad game, one good one, followed by a bad one, I hope the trend continues for next week and then we break it the week after.