What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bloody Newcastle!

yobbo84

Coach
Bloody Andrew Johns, bloody Newcastle!!

Let me just say I'm not whinging. Souths shouldn't be relying on other teams results to avoid the spoon! But with Souths winning 4 from 5 and the Knights now 6 from 8, the way things are going the Panthers could end up with the spoon..

No matter who comes last, I think both our teams have shown in the latter half of the year how to climb out of a hole... i.e. develop your own junior talent and surround them with some experienced heads. The extensive time in first grade will do these kids the world of good for next year. Guys like Tighe, Mullen, Tolar, etc lead by Johns, Simpson and Smith for the Knights and Sutton, Gordon, Champion, Moran, etc lead by Cusack, MacDougall, Hegarty, etc for Souths.

The Tigers are now showing how junior development can pay off. The Roosters are now showing how you can't simply buy a competition.

Good luck to the Knights for the rest of the year, but I hope Souths keep winning and you blokes take the spoon away from us!

Look forward to playing you guys in the finals in a couple of years time! (hopefully next year)

MrCharisma

Bench
Just got back from the game

It was awesome

Geez I gave it to Manly something fierce... the Crusade was going off!!!!

IanG

Coach
yobbo84 said:
Bloody Andrew Johns, bloody Newcastle!!

Let me just say I'm not whinging. Souths shouldn't be relying on other teams results to avoid the spoon! But with Souths winning 4 from 5 and the Knights now 6 from 8, the way things are going the Panthers could end up with the spoon..

No matter who comes last, I think both our teams have shown in the latter half of the year how to climb out of a hole... i.e. develop your own junior talent and surround them with some experienced heads. The extensive time in first grade will do these kids the world of good for next year. Guys like Tighe, Mullen, Tolar, etc lead by Johns, Simpson and Smith for the Knights and Sutton, Gordon, Champion, Moran, etc lead by Cusack, MacDougall, Hegarty, etc for Souths.

The Tigers are now showing how junior development can pay off. The Roosters are now showing how you can't simply buy a competition.

Good luck to the Knights for the rest of the year, but I hope Souths keep winning and you blokes take the spoon away from us!

Look forward to playing you guys in the finals in a couple of years time! (hopefully next year)

No your not your making a number of very valid points and let's hope that both our clubs will be a force to be reckoned with. Though i think for next years pre season training Souths should go to NASA Simulations. To aclimitise themselves to a place which has no atmosphere(Home Ground = Telstra Stadium)

yobbo84

Coach
IanG said:
No your not your making a number of very valid points and let's hope that both our clubs will be a force to be reckoned with. Though i think for next years pre season training Souths should go to NASA Simulations. To aclimitise themselves to a place which has no atmosphere(Home Ground = Telstra Stadium)

I congratulate the Knights on their recent success, and you want to have a swipe at Souths and their choice of home ground? Nice.

I thought out of all fans a Newcastle supporter would appreciate the need to consolidate a club's financial income, especially one without a League's Club grant.

IanG

Coach
yobbo84 said:
I congratulate the Knights on their recent success, and you want to have a swipe at Souths and their choice of home ground? Nice.

I thought out of all fans a Newcastle supporter would appreciate the need to consolidate a club's financial income, especially one without a League's Club grant.

I do realise that but when I take a swipe at it it's simply a case of unless you get at least 20,000 fans every game there's bugger all atmosphere there. Yes you get guarentees and fair enough but unless you have quite a few in the hosue as it were there is bugger all atmosphere.

IanG said:
I do realise that but when I take a swipe at it it's simply a case of unless you get at least 20,000 fans every game there's bugger all atmosphere there. Yes you get guarentees and fair enough but unless you have quite a few in the hosue as it were there is bugger all atmosphere.

I agree with ya IanG, I noticed that with the Saints, the first game i went to, against Manly, there were hardley any fans, although there was a bit of an atmosphere,it was nothing compared to the Knights VS Saints game, admittedly I have only been to two Knights games, but both times, there has been a magic in the air that i can't quite describe, especially when compared to that first Saints game, and there was still 15 odd thousand there. When you have soo many people in the one place it's amazing, even more so when as ONE the "Newcastle" chant goes up, it really is something else, something that I know not many games hold, and to be perfectly honest i really think, at those home games, that unity in the crowd is what brings them home.

This unity in the crowd though works with any team, i noticed this in the Saints- Manly game, althought it was an odd 15,000 the chant that went up was enough to get the boys fired up. This i think is what makes Newcastle such a leathal team when they play at home, is the fact that there are ALOT more of their supporters there (for obvious reasons) but along with showing up they show their support, and this is where fans from other teams fail, like the Dragons supporters at times they are too worried bickering between themselves they fail to remember the reason they are at the game.

But yeah atmosphere is everything.

Not to mention how can you get that "HOME" ground feeling and advantage when you share the ground with other teams? techniocally that is not really a home ground is it? I am not trying to bag or diss anyone here but that is the facts of the matter.