What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blue oyster cult

realredhillboy

Juniors
has anybody heard of them? or heard them? if you haven't i suggest you at least give them a listen, they are regarded as the thinking mans heavy metal band. but the majority of their stuff couldn't be classed as metal.
song tips
1. [dont fear] the reaper
2. astronomy
3. joan crawford
4.burnin for you
5.shooting shark
6.this aint the summer of love
7. going through the motions
8. i love the night

HevyDevy

Coach
Has anyone heard of them?

Please realred, out heads aren't all in the sand!!

Great band.

realredhillboy

Juniors
HevyDevy said:
Has anyone heard of them?

Please realred, out heads aren't all in the sand!!

Great band.

no i'm not saying that anybody hasn't heard of em, i'm saying if anybody hasn't they are worth a listen

Munky

Coach
I'd never heard of them until Guitar Hero to be honest but the songs I've heard are all pretty awesome.

Godzilla, Astronomy and Cities on Flame.

I'll have to go buy a few CDs.

Simo

First Grade
I agree with the dont fear the reaper call.......one of my fav songs and a great cover of it was done by a Kiwi band whos name i cant remember right now, something about birds I think.

Have a DVD of blue oyster cult aswell.

*edit: the muttonbirds is who i was thinking of

Simo

First Grade
Speaking of dont fear the reaper, it was on prison break last night in some spanish version.

Munky

Coach
Finally went out and bought a CD (The Essential BOC) of theirs.

It's pretty awesome.

However what genre do you classify these guys into?

Big Pete

Referee
Burnin For You is without a doubt my favourite song of theirs. Despite ripping off the rip from 'Iron Maiden' the song is absolute pure rock at it's finest and they've continued to impress me with their other hits.

A great band.

Munky

Coach
Saw these guys tonight as part of the Hoodoo Gurus Dig It Up Festival, undoubtedly the best guitar tone I've ever heard live.

I want to hurt myself for not seeing their full show last night.

Last edited:

Latest posts