What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blues Halves for 2013

6 and 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brendan299

Juniors
Saw some mention of this elsewhere. Who would you have for Blues halves for 2013? I personally think Pearce has to go and im not really up for playing guys out of position so my choices would be

6. Carney
7. Wallace or A Reynolds (if Reynolds is up to it, if not then Wallace short term is probably the pick of the number 7's unfortunately)

DoggiesBro

Juniors
lol if wallace is in there give qld the thing already.

hoping carney and campese both fit and firing. our best option in all honesty.

Ladmate

Bench
6. Reynolds
7. Reynolds

/thread

Uhh no. I don't even know where to start.

1. 2 rookies in the halves? Prepared to get slaughtered by Queensland.
2. Josh Reynolds fits in well with the Bulldogs system, which plays to his strengths as a support player and ball runner. Origin doesn't give him that luxury.
3. Zero playmaking ability in the halves. Too much pressure will be put on Farah to create everything. We'll be lucky to make a linebreak. They don't mesh together. Yes one kicks and one runs, but it's more complicated than that. It's all fine that Reynolds can organise but whose going to make the plays? Which leads me to...
4. Carney needs to be there or someone similar (Campese in form). They have a passing game and are natural playmakers. Reynolds (both of them) aren't really playmakers.

Under your team, you are looking at a spine of:

1. Stewart
6. Reynolds
7. Reynolds
9. Farah

Ugly. Nice support players but only one playmaker in that bunch.

Clifferd

Coach
6. Reynolds
7. Reynolds

/thread

So you want QLD to win 8 in a row then?

2 rookies in the big arena is a no no. Give Todd Carney another crack at it providing he doesn't f**k anything up again and punt Mitchell Pearce, he has had plenty of chances. Now the 7 is under grabs...where to go from there ?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Lets not forget that Carneys achillies is f**ked so he may not even be fit for SOO1

The NSW halves are so up in the air its ridiculous trying to name them this far out. Its equally ridiculous to name both Reynolds kids together

Vic Mackey

Referee
If campese has a good strart to the season and remains injury free he is surely in with a shot at the 6. The 7 is the biggest worry, I'm a Pearce fan but thought he was terrible in the 2012 series...

Keep in mind Daley is picking the team next year. I can seriously see him doing something completely geniused like:

1. Gidley
6. McCrone
7. Wallace
9. Ennis

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Got a feeling $onny Bill will make Maloney look like a superstar n very one will fall for it n pick him with carney in the halves.

It should be

6. Campese
7. Carney

timka4

Bench
Same spine for me this year. Our spine was probably the best one we've had in a few years. Another year together and they'll be better. We lost a decider to QLD by 1 in QLD. We can beat them. Pearce with a new coach will be interesting over the next couple of years, his development stopped completely under Smith.

Not saying Pearce is ideal but he is the best genuine halfback we have.

Jason Maher

Immortal
The simple fact is we don't have the cattle. Pearce is rubbish, Carney was as useful as tits on a bull this year, Campese is coming back from several long term injuries, Wallace is rubbish, Soward was good in 2011 but his club form has dropped off a cliff, both Reynolds are inexperienced, and Sam Williams has a month or two of decent form to go on. Personally I'd go for Carney and pray he gets better with experience and A. Reynolds for his kicking game. Frankly, a lot is going to rest on Robbie Farah's shoulders if we're to be any chance at all.

Big Pete

Referee
For his own good, Pearce needs a rest from representative football.

Also, 2011 Soward was just as bad as Carney was.

Last edited:
Same spine for me this year. Our spine was probably the best one we've had in a few years. Another year together and they'll be better. We lost a decider to QLD by 1 in QLD. We can beat them. Pearce with a new coach will be interesting over the next couple of years, his development stopped completely under Smith.

Not saying Pearce is ideal but he is the best genuine halfback we have.
:lol::lol:
i hope they stick with him.
Most overated half of the last 20 yrs..
he is god awful..but i dont mind.

typicalfan

Coach
Carney at least played well in patches. It was his first origin series, I would like to see him retained, he is capable of anything. Pearce has been there for a few years now and he should be origin standard by now. He is the Mitchell Johnson of Rugby League.

Having said that Adam Reynolds is the only guy who could replace Pearce but like Pearce I doubt he could be very creative at origin level plus second year syndrome could come into play. Jeff Robson could be another as he at least has formed a partnership with Carney at club level (Wade Graham could come off the bench).

Josh Reynolds could gun for the "Gidley" role but I think a starting berth is beyond him. He has a poor kicking game and weak defensively.

Latest posts