What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blues v Victorians - Shield

How many overs remaining? Cricinfo is all I have today and it doesn't tell me anything. Another quick wicket here and we can make them nervous.

yappy

Bench
'tards 1/115 at Tea.

34 overs to go in the game. Blues need 6 wickets, 'tards 335 at just under 10 an over.

Wonder if the brains trust are wishing we had that 10-15 overs we pissed up against the wall last night back?

big pat

Coach
How many overs remaining? Cricinfo is all I have today and it doesn't tell me anything. Another quick wicket here and we can make them nervous.

go to cricket australia, click live scores, vics vs nsw scoresheet will come up, they have every ball over description.

big pat

Coach
'tards 1/115 at Tea.

34 overs to go in the game. Blues need 6 wickets, 'tards 335 at just under 10 an over.

Wonder if the brains trust are wishing we had that 10-15 overs we pissed up against the wall last night back?

i think you mean 4/115.

yappy

Bench
yep, this games going to peter out to a draw.

The two points keep us 6 in front of Tassie so even a First Innings win against them next game will mean the Final is at the SCG.

yappy

Bench
Game over. Vics 4/252. Good partnership from Wade and Quiney to see them through to the end. With Clark out of the attack we didn't have enough wicket taking bowlers, and the pitch seems to have been pretty good for batting.

Down to Bellerive on the 3rd of March to secure the final.

Red Bear

Referee
In theory yeah, but the kids 17. Im happy to not rush 17 year old fast bowlers into first class cricket

Anyone for Coyte however. Hopefully Cameron is fit to replace Clark. Katich might be fit for the one dayer tomorrow as well

yappy

Bench
Maddinson should be straight back in if he has no problems in the 2nd 11 game. Katich and SOK are both named in tomorrow's game along with another teenage quick Nicholas Bills who has 44 @ 16 for Norths this year.

Simon Katich will make his long awaited return for the RTA SpeedBlitz Blues in their vital Ryobi Cup match against Victoria at the MCG tomorrow.
Katich returns to the line-up alongside Stephen O’Keefe, who has recovered from a calf injury.
Katich returned to cricket last Sunday in a one day match for his club side Randwick-Petersham, scoring 75 from 79 balls against Sydney University.
He will lead the side in the absence of paceman Stuart Clark. Clark has returned to Sydney with a heel injury. Clark’s replacement in the squad of thirteen will be North Sydney paceman Nicholas Bills.
The right-arm speedster, who is only eighteen, has been in superb form for his club side this year, taking 44 First Grade wickets at an average of 16.
The match will decide who will make the final of the competition. If the RTA SpeedBlitz Blues win they will take on Victoria in the Final on Sunday. If they lose Tasmania will take on the Bushrangers.
The squad of 13 is (one to be omitted)
Simon KATICH (c)
Sean ABBOTT
Nicholas BILLS
Trent COPELAND
Scott COYTE
Patrick CUMMINS
Moises HENRIQUES
Phillip HUGHES
Phil JAQUES
Peter NEVILL
Stephen O’KEEFE
Ben ROHRER
David WARNER

http://www.cricketnsw.com.au/news-display/Katich-returns-for-RTA-SpeedBlitz-Blues/24208

Kat, Maddinson and SOK makes the side look much stronger for the next Shield match but we still probably need one more quick. Cummins might get the call.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we got plenty of quicks to pick from, problem a few months ago was fitting them in

I dont get the Coyte love in the 4 day version, he just looks like a part timer who can roll his arm over in a one dayer

Latest posts