What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bolters for this year

Dmac

Juniors
The Canberra Raiders, i believe, will be the bolters for this years competition. They were probably the best team last year and were unlucky not to beat the warriors in the finals.They are under-rated by almost every team and rugby league supporter so for that reason i'm tipping them to be 2003 premiers. :D

Terminator

First Grade
Dmac said:
The Canberra Raiders, i believe, will be the bolters for this years competition. They were probably the best team last year and were unlucky not to beat the warriors in the finals.They are under-rated by almost every team and rugby league supporter so for that reason i'm tipping them to be 2003 premiers. :D

O4 you mean, :lol: anyway they won't win it because Newcastle are going to.

keeney

First Grade
canberra were solid throughout the year, but lack a flair in attack, and that will see them struglle in finals time, theyll finish high in the 8 but not progress in the finals

Spike

First Grade
I think I say it every year but the Cowboys are my bolters for making the top 8 this year. They've got the team to get there and they are well overdue. As far as the premiership goes, there won't be a bolter because the Knights are always in contention so long as Johns stays on the field. *knocks on wood*

Andy

First Grade
Bring it home Knights said:
The west Tigers. They have bought well and have a good coach.

LOL!!

I won't believe anyone ever again when they say you don't have a sense of humour! :lol:

antonius

Coach
Just heard from a very reliable source ( who has been talking to them) That Johns, Buderus, and Parso reckon this year is the year of the Knights again, they are very confident of our chances next season. Mind you I'd be a tad worried if they weren't confident.

antonius said:
Just heard from a very reliable source ( who has been talking to them) That Johns, Buderus, and Parso reckon this year is the year of the Knights again, they are very confident of our chances next season. Mind you I'd be a tad worried if they weren't confident.
Great to hear this and i cant wait for the start
As for a bolter-Parra??

Kaz

junior
antonius said:
Just heard from a very reliable source ( who has been talking to them) That Johns, Buderus, and Parso reckon this year is the year of the Knights again, they are very confident of our chances next season.

Please name your source. :D

antonius

Coach
Kaz said:
antonius said:
Just heard from a very reliable source ( who has been talking to them) That Johns, Buderus, and Parso reckon this year is the year of the Knights again, they are very confident of our chances next season.

Please name your source. :D
A local Radio Identity, who has close ties with the team.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Andy said:
Bring it home Knights said:
The west Tigers. They have bought well and have a good coach.

LOL!!

I won't believe anyone ever again when they say you don't have a sense of humour! :lol:

I have a kick ass sence of humour. But when it comes to my knights and the occational d!ckhead on this forum, it may come across like I don't have one.

They have bought well. Hodgson, prince. They have benji marshall.

Sheens is a premiership winning coach. They will go alright. Take my word.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
How has Mr Sheens gone the last 10 years?

He's won a premiership. I'd consider that pretty good. Then he went to the cowboys. The management there were terrible. They kept buying players that were over the hill on big money and expected Sheens to do the rest. He was clearly unhappy up there, so I'm not surprised he wasn't labelled a success. Even though they thought he was a good enough coach to be signed on a 5 year deal. Then he was eventually sacked, because they thought he was the problem, not the fact that he was coaching a team with very limited pertencial. He hasn't shown much interest to coach over the last 3 or 4 years, so that makes about a 3rd of the last 10 years hard talk about.

If you were refering to the last 10 years he was coaching, I'd say he was a great coach. How many years did canberra make the finals in a row under him in that time and how often where they a major threat of winning the comp. Plus how many players he coached went onto represent. An absolute heap.

So yeah, was he a good coach. He clearly was!

Who was his "assistant" in Canberra? :lol:

When in the last 10 years did he win a premiership?

But you're right, his (re-)building effort in Townsville sucked arse. Good luck to him.

Providence

Juniors
I'm going to say the Sharks.

Spent the weekend down in the shire and caught up with a few players, that I used to hang out with when they lived in Newcastle.

They're ready for a big year and said raper is doing good stuff and all the players are happy.

Latest posts