What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Booing' David Gallop...

Dragon Army, you know I love you, but I was very, very disappointed at how the majority of you booed Gallop in the presentations both before and after the game.

Why? Is my question

First of all, he is just doing his job

And secondly - he booted Melbourne, the main obstacle between us and the premiership, out of the comp

We should all love him at the moment

i hate his head, the look of the bloke irritates me...
i must say however he's handled the whole storm issue well dispite the fact he's got idiots like GUS defending them...

Ribs

Bench
Yeah I was a little surprised at that..... I think he's doing an ok job and I thought the way he handled the Storm situation showed strong leadership.

Not sure what else he's supposed to be doing.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Not sure what else he's supposed to be doing.

handing over this thing to us at the end of the year...

nrl_trophy.jpg

big pat

Coach
i hate his head, the look of the bloke irritates me...
i must say however he's handled the whole storm issue well dispite the fact he's got idiots like GUS defending them...

totally agree, looking at him and gould on sunday made me sick, having said that let me say this, gallop is right on the punishment he has dished out, for crying out loud, they bloody cheated and we have known that for a long time, why has it taken the nrl so long, cheating f**king scum club got what they deserved.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Totally agree HLH he's a good bloke, has totally done the right thing and doesn't deserve the crap from the riff raff bogan elements in the crowd.

He is in a position of authority, so people are going to boo him. He could of just donated $1 million to famine relief while holding a box full of tiny kittens and he still would of been booed.

It's not like it's solely a RL thing either!

brendothejet

First Grade
Gallop is doing an average job in a time where so much more is needed.

At the end of the day Gallop is a news limited man and until we get rid of them we will always be held back. Gallop has been spineless with the TV networks, the main source of funding for the competition, simply due to the fact that he is a News man.

When the NRL is run by an independent governing body with a leader who is willing to challenge the media outlets to give us fair coverage and fair reporting then we will truly have a leader.

All this nonsense about how he has handled the storm situation well is just rubbish.

Everyone knows the only option was the punishment they got. People like Gus are just creating arguements because they are contrary people by nature. People like Phil Rothfield, Wok Ryan and any other commentator would be out of a job if they didnt incite some form of reaction from the crowd.

When the NRL and its admin make a bad decision - they jump on them. When the NRL makes a good decision, they deride them and side with the party in the wrong.

Its all just part of the flea circus that is the NRL administration.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Gallop is simply giving the Storm no chance of winning the comp in 2010 and rightly so. Actually it gives all teams the right to finish above them which is how it should be. Why should they finish higher than anyone else.

Why these so called experts on the Footy show want to lessen the punishment to give them any sniff of winning the comp is beyond me. As per Gallop's comments, if it happened at the end of the season like the Dogs it would have been fine this punishment of deducting 30+ points but because it happened early on in the season there was no choice other than kick them out completely of the NRL which in my opinion he should have done. What other choice did he have.

By letting them play for nothing is great as for all games away it gives us all a chance to boo the scum (Not us Dragons as we won't play them again).

Rexxy

Coach
Rugby League would be dead if he still had Moffo, or that arch villain Arko, or that war criminal Quayle.

Everyone forgets corruption that helped teams such as Manly and Easts.

Moffo, wasn't corrupt thought. He was just an inept zube.

The Major

Bench
Youre fair dinkum losing sleep over this? Pleeease! Its just how it is and always will be to "officials" in sport when they are introduced. Them and politicians. Boooooooo!!

TheRev

First Grade
it's like booing anyone in authority. u just do it.

I think this is the answer you were after ;-)

But yeah I like Gallop, he is really calm in the face of ridiculous pressure.. I dont agree with all his decisions, but overall seems like a good guy.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Dragon Army, you know I love you, but I was very, very disappointed at how the majority of you booed Gallop in the presentations both before and after the game.

Why? Is my question

First of all, he is just doing his job

And secondly - he booted Melbourne, the main obstacle between us and the premiership, out of the comp

We should all love him at the moment

Booing him, LOL I would not piss on the geniused looking arse licking moron if he was on fire.:lol:

Latest posts