What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BOTD - Except for the Raiders

Bay56

First Grade
P1000679.jpg

P1000680.jpg

Bay56

First Grade
Apologies for the picture quality ... just photos off a flat screen.

Cap 1 shows the ball fairly close to the ground, arm yet to hit the line.

Cap 2 shows the ball fairly well squashed and Besties elbows hitting the line (note bad angle on line, ie the elbow has just hit it).

These are the only two frames that arrogant Harrigan can adjudicate on ... he says NO TRY .. in other words he is 100% certain that the elbow has hit the line BEFORE the ball hitting the ground. If it is simultaneous it is a try.

Common sense tells me that at worst it is simultaneous. I'm not 100% sure, so therefore there is doubt, therefore a try must be given in accordance with the rules

I wonder if this try would have been given to the Storm, being 16-4 down at the time ... 22-4 our way and the game is almost over.

paulquinn49

Bench
Agree there dood, it was similtaneous and should have been benefit of the doubt try to the Raiders.

Having said that we were outplayed in the end and put up a solid fight, best Raiders loss since Warriors in the 03 semi. It really was a good game all round.

Bay56

First Grade
I wouldnt say we were outplayed Quinny ... we were outrefed ... I can remember quite clearly a break that we made on the fifth tackle (it was at our end) ... all the Storm players were clearly offside ... we quickly play it, find the defense in our face and kick ... the Storm retreive the ball and then immediately get a penalty for holding down (yet they were holding down the whole game) ... a penalty to us for off-side puts us up 18-4 and give us momentum ... a penalty to the Storm allows them free yardish.

Timbo

Staff member
Yeah I agree bay.

Don't forget that two Storm tries came off horsesh*t penalties, the worst one was Logan's "high" shot on Cronk which led directly to a try.

I said it in the match day thread: 15 out of 16 sides, and that is a try: benifit of the doubt.

I'm sick of this nonsense every week. We always seem to have the 50/50 calls go against us. Other clubs fans call us whingers, yeah well, try have it happening to you every week and see how much fun it is.

Bay56

First Grade
It is not so much a terrible decision but more a case of where do these refs get off when making their decision ... last week we had a try that had no doubt it at all (the Fox commentators including Wayne Pearce gave it no worries) yet the decision by the ref was BOTD ... for f**k sake there was no doubt about it !! ... my conclusion, had there been doubt it would not have been given.

Bay56

First Grade
Arrogant Harrigon will defend his decision and his partner in crime Finch will back up his official ... unfortunately for them the screen caps are exhibit A your Honour.

adamkungl

Immortal
I think its pretty clear that your hatred of Brett Finch is driving Robert Finch to attempt to drop your club down the ladder as much as possible. *serious face*

Brimmer

Juniors
Yeah...sorry Bay. Clutchin' at straws on this one. I thought we were outmuscled in the 2nd half.

I thought the ref had a pretty good game. Couple less stupid penalties (our fault) and we could have one that game. I'm happy with the result though. Cmon wooden spoon favourites scaring the bejesus out of the premiers - I'll take that. I mean a win would have been exceptional but I'm a realist.

I thought dobson played pretty good!? And I dunno what it's like at the game but Plum has been playing the house down. His defence really adds a lot of starch to our pack.

Bay56

First Grade
Yeah...sorry Bay. Clutchin' at straws on this one. I thought we were outmuscled in the 2nd half.

I thought the ref had a pretty good game. Couple less stupid penalties (our fault) and we could have one that game. I'm happy with the result though. Cmon wooden spoon favourites scaring the bejesus out of the premiers - I'll take that. I mean a win would have been exceptional but I'm a realist.

I thought dobson played pretty good!? And I dunno what it's like at the game but Plum has been playing the house down. His defence really adds a lot of starch to our pack.

I havent seen the full game on the box yet mate but from the ground (where your emotions can get the better of you, and it certainly did mine) I thought the officials gave a leg up to the Storm. The classic one being when they were all clearly off-side on a 5th tackle break, we play the ball quick 10 m out, they rush up in defence with a 2-3m head start, we kick, they regather and then he has the hide to penalise us for holding down the player which they were doing on numerous occassions in the 2nd half (instructions from their coach).

It was the classic "we get in front and therefore that entitles the ref to penalise us".

Timbo

Staff member
Yeah, Brimmer, I don't know what feed you were watching, but everything we were penalized for the Storm were doing too, and getting away with.

I'm agreeing with bay a lot lately...I feel so dirty :s

schnitzel

Juniors
Irrespective of the no-try...

Add Withers and Tongue to tighten up our ruck defence in that 2nd half and we win.