What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Fittler Not a Greedy Man ONE YEAR CONTRACT !!

Freddy and Cayless have both signed

FittlerCayless.jpg

Latest News

Sydney Roosters announce two major resignings

Author: Sydney Roosters
Monday, 30 June 2003

The Sydney Roosters today announced the resigning of skipper Brad Fittler for one year and New Zealand representative Jason Cayless to a two year contract.

The club is delighted that Brad Fittler has committed to another season with the Roosters. CEO Bernie Gurr said "its great news for our club that Brad will continue to lead the Roosters into season 2004. Brads commitment shows
that loyalty is still alive in Rugby League"

Brad commented "I've really enjoyed my time at the Roosters and I am very happy to continue my career at this great club".

Brad's signing is on the eve of his 300th first grade appearance and 399th first grade and representative appearance at Aussie Stadium at 5.30pm on Saturday 5th July against South Sydney.

CEO Bernie Gurr commented "Jason is an outstanding Rugby League forward who made a significant contribution to our premiership win in 2002 and it is great news for Roosters fans that he has signed up for a further two years.

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/updates/latestnews.php?ID=324

This report is OFFICIAL and from the Roosters News Site

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/updates/latestnews.php?ID=307

Latest News

Roosters skipper may take cut

Author: Peter Frilingos
Tuesday, 24 June 2003

ROOSTERS captain Brad Fittler is likely to stay with the premier club because he is not a greedy man. That is the view of Roosters chief executive Bernie Gurr who, along with chairman Nick Politis, is locked in negotiations with Fittler's manager Wayne Beavis.

Fittler's contract expires at the end of the season and the only way the Roosters can sign him again is if he agrees to a pay cut to keep the club under the $3.25 million salary cap.

"I don't have a view on whether Brad will stay with the club at this stage of proceedings," Gurr said.

"My clear indication from Brad is that he is not a greedy person and he would probably take something less to stay with us. What I am certain of is that he wants to stay with us."

Gurr also revealed that front-rower Jason Cayless would probably leave the club if Fittler signed for another two years.

According to Gurr it was because of cap restrictions that the Roosters lost Bryan Fletcher, Simon Bonetti, Brett Mullins and David Kidwell from last year's premiership squad.

"Had it not been for the salary cap we would have kept three or possibly four of those players," Gurr said.

"In prior years we've lost players like Ivan Cleary and Adrian Lam for the same reason. And there will be a couple of our top 18 players who won't be with us next year because we'll be adhering to the cap limit.

"Players like Anthony Minichiello, Chris Flannery and Michael Crocker are all gravitating up the representative ladder and justifiably they think they are worth more money. The three players off contract and unsigned were Adrian Morley, Jason Cayless and Brad. We've just signed Adrian for another three years, we're working through Freddy and we still have Jason Cayless to go.

"Jason knows he is a priority for us but there's a possibility that if we do sign Freddy we might not be able to accommodate Jason."

Player manager Wayne Beavis said it was too early to tell whether Fittler would sign again with the Roosters.

"There's no doubt that's what Brad wants and he is willing to talk through the payment issue in view of the salary cap," Beavis said.

"I will not be talking to other clubs either here or in England until every avenue is exhausted with the Roosters."

BradFittlerVSTigers.jpg

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Penelope Pittstop said:
Penelope Pittstop said:
Freddy and Cayless have both signed

Woohoo only 365 more sleeps until we have to worry about this sh*t again.

happy-winner.gif

happy-dancinddude.gif

Aint that the truth (about Freddy at least).......now where is that Brain-storm...........

Latest posts