What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Fittler set for NSW Blues coach role after impressing with Lebanon in RLWC

mxlegend99

Referee
Fittler just needs to bring in a few new young faces in his first year. Start building something.

The eligible NSW players picked for Australia should be a good start. McLean, RCG and Trbojevic. All should be in the squad.

A new half to develop. Moses and/or Cleary. Then work from there.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
1.. Teddy 2. Turbo 3. Bird 4 Dugan (Hayne if he's an Eel) 5 Mansour 6 Maloney 7 Cleary 8 woods 9 peats 10 Klemmer 11 Graham 12 cordner 13 jurbo rcg McLean friz Moylan

with jurbo stepping up as starter, it solidies us defensively so jackson is dispensible.

how freakin awesome are we looking,...massive bolter possibilities if they keep playing consistently like they are:

cotric crichton brown vaughn

King hit

Coach
Still think Tom Trobevic has some things to fix before he becomes an Origin player. Still has the odd error in him that would kill him in big pressure games.

Life's Good

Coach
I was initially meh about Freddy getting the coaching gig but reflecting on what he did with Lebanon has filled me with a lot of optimism.
He strikes me as a coach who will back his players to play to their strengths(something he did tremendously well at all levels)and not confuse them with over complicated game plans.
I think his reasonably relaxed manner will be the perfect foil to the nerves/hype that is Origin.

In 2-3 years I hope to see something like this:

1. James Tedesco
2. Nick Cotric
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Jack Bird
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Jordan McLean
9. Jayden Brailey
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Wade Graham
12. Tyson Frizell
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Tyrone Peachey
15. Nathan Brown
16. Regan Campbell-Gilard
17. David Klemmer

OldPanther

Coach

1. James Tedesco
2. Nick Cotric
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Jack Bird
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Jordan McLean
9. Jayden Brailey
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Wade Graham
12. Tyson Frizell
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Tyrone Peachey
15. Nathan Brown
17. David Klemmer

Footy boner activated. That's a pretty nice team.

Life's Good

Coach

1. James Tedesco
2. Nick Cotric
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Jack Bird
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Jordan McLean
9. Jayden Brailey
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Wade Graham
12. Tyson Frizell
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Tyrone Peachey
15. Nathan Brown
17. David Klemmer
Why wait? I definitely see some of those players for next year - Cotric, Vaughan, McLean spring to mind.

Footy boner activated. That's a pretty nice team.
Was hard picking that team tbh, there's a bunch of other good players who missed out:

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Bevan French
3. Moses Suli
4. Dylan Walker
5. Alex Johnston
6. Matt Moylan
7. Connor Watson
8. Aaron Woods
9. Api Korisau
10. Jack De Bellin
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Angus Crichton
13. Bryce Cartwright

14. Tyrone May
15. Trent Merrin
16. Junior Paulo
17. Shannon Boyd

OldPanther

Coach
Was hard picking that team tbh, there's a bunch of other good players who missed out:

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Bevan French
3. Moses Suli
4. Dylan Walker
5. Alex Johnston
6. Matt Moylan
7. Connor Watson
8. Aaron Woods
9. Api Korisau
10. Jack De Bellin
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Angus Crichton
13. Bryce Cartwright

14. Tyrone May
15. Trent Merrin
16. Junior Paulo
17. Shannon Boyd

If they'd get rid of the "incumbency" loyalty thing our depth could be a massive bonus.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
If they'd get rid of the "incumbency" loyalty thing our depth could be a massive bonus.

the "incumbency" thing was about 2 things, 1 was familiarity with the coach and his coaching style....that's now gone out the window.

the other is about knowing wether a player can perform at a higher level without stage fright and against higher quality opposition or higher level....we have plenty of kangaroos who are in that exact position, mclean in particular playing with the storm season gone. eg

Tommy Smith

Referee
Reckon fitter will do a good job if he has an experienced tactician next to him and he's the man manager.
I think Freddy is a great tactician. And along with the bravado and self confidence I think that'll be his best asset.

His issue at the Roosters was always dealing with the day to day grind of coaching.

And that's why Origin will suit him. It's essentially for 2 months of the year.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
I think Freddy is a great tactician. And along with the bravado and self confidence I think that'll be his best asset.

His issue at the Roosters was always dealing with the day to day grind of coaching.

And that's why Origin will suit him. It's essentially for 2 months of the year.

His problem at the chooks was his loyalty to blokes that were mates that were past their use by dates

OldPanther

Coach
I watched 2014 origin on youtube and I noticed even in a winning series our attack was still really bad. Very boring one out stuff for 90% of the time with limited halves input. That should change a lot with Freddie. He likes free flowing football.

isaiah

Bench
having 34 players who are among the best in their respective teams is only a massive bonus if you could use more than 13 at one time or have a larger squad than 17 on game day.