What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Braith Anasta was labelled the most overrated player for years. This is how much it hurt him

What a whinge.

He said it himself. He’d won awards. He made teams and accomplishments.

But a magazine named him “over-rated” so he had a little teary and he’s still crying about it.

f**king hell. What a cat.

He should be happy. He did well to beat out Barrett for the gong.
Barret lol now he’s a SuperCoach as well .... no idea why people think he’s a gun

magpie_man

Juniors
What a whinge.

But a magazine named him “over-rated” so he had a little teary and he’s still crying about it.

Well said, I legitimately thought it was from the Betoota Advocate when I first read it.
You can't make this stuff up.

mave

Coach
What a whinge.

Barrett is aiming for most over-rated coach.

A friend of mine was gonna name their kid Braithan.

We were - 'where the hell did you get that name?'

Apparently they thought he was named Braithan Starr.

I'll never forget when he played fullback. Definitely wasn't an over rated fullback.

i remember on the footy show Fatty (maybe someone else) has a swipe at Fittler for playing him there and he said something back along the lines of “I had better halves and he whinged when I played him in the back row”

I always felt he got a bit of a bad wrap as a player (he was solid if unspectacular) but he comes off as a massive toss. That said when he was well past his best the Sheenius signed him as a parting gift.

Sphagnum

Coach
Braith should be grateful he never had the honour of playing for the dragons.
He would have been a mental wreck after seeing what dragons fans would have said about him. I hope Ben Hunt doesn't read any dragons related social media.
He would have been the games most under rated player if he played at the dragons

Reflector

Juniors
Braith was the type of player that floated along in games doing f all, then does 1 thing and the commentators raved about him.

As harsh as the question was, you cant argue with your peers, year after year.

There's a Roosters player at the moment who gets that praise just for sitting on the bench...

Frailty

First Grade
If he got so upset about being awarded most overrated, imagine what will go through his mind when he hears people critique his commentary. Or discovers the 'Shit Braith Says' Twitter account.