What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Braith fits in Roosters cap???

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Fairfax said:
You can't be chequebook champs because you haven't won anything.

The Roosters don't target every player coming off contract every single year. It's paper & forum talk. Just like people say that Union are after their players, they currently say its the Roosters. Before that it was Manly and Canterbury. In the 60s it was Saints, before that it was Wests. It helps the agents bump the players cost up.

Who else are Easts signing? Who are the 15 or 20 juniors they'll sign?

The best 15-20 available.

You signed the game's highest tryscorer last year and already signed Souths' best player this year, and are after Anasta aswell. How must Jamie Soward feel? He warms the bench while the Roosters go hard for Anasta, pretty cruel.

Fairfax

Juniors
Vicious said:
No way in the world that Morley would play for any less than $300,000 when he could be earning $700,000 a season in England. So if it adds up to 3.15 million for 15 players, are the other 10 players going to earn $200,000 between them???

SO you've accepted that you're wrong and are changing your figures to suit your argument. Would you care to provide the source of your information about the figures from Souths and Canberra?

Didn't think so.

Fairfax

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:

You signed the game's highest tryscorer last year and already signed Souths' best player this year, and are after Anasta aswell. How must Jamie Soward feel? He warms the bench while the Roosters go hard for Anasta, pretty cruel.

Did you watch Soward play yesterday? He needs more time in the reggies, he hasn't had a full season in Premier League yet! At 19 Andrew Johns ran pretty hot and cold too. Soward is potentailly a good player but he's not a first grader yet. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Soward is a halfback and was always in the queue behind Finch. Since Firman left he's risen in the rankings, but he's not yet a first grader.

Vicious

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:

I forgot about Soward, what are they paying him??? $10 a game???.......LOL
Another kids career the Roosters are going to ***?
They should do the right thing by him and release him straight away when they sign Braith??? But, they`ll just do the same thing they did to Firman and let him rot in Premier League until the week before June 30-`06.

Vicious

Bench
Fairfax said:
SO you've accepted that you're wrong and are changing your figures to suit your argument. Would you care to provide the source of your information about the figures from Souths and Canberra?

Didn't think so.

There is no argument, the figures i listed are the bare minimum any of those players could be possibly earning. Leaving the remaining 7-8 players in the 25 man roster to be earning only match payments. If that happens fair enough, but if any more half decent players sign with the Roosters, it will be beyond a joke and they should be thoroughly audited by someone independent, not Schubert!!!

Fairfax

Juniors
Vicious said:
There is no argument, the figures i listed are the bare minimum any of those players could be possibly earning. Leaving the remaining 7-8 players in the 25 man roster to be earning only match payments. If that happens fair enough, but if any more half decent players sign with the Roosters, it will be beyond a joke and they should be thoroughly audited by someone independent, not Schubert!!!

There's the hole in your argument. It's your opinion. Not a fact. We could drive a truck through your logic.

With concessions etc the cap is actually above $3.25m and will rise again with the $100k service fee concession to be introduced next year.

By the way, after Schubert left Easts he went to Manly and the Magpies, and if memory servers was a lower grade coach at the Dogs during Super League which suggests that your insinuation that he's in the Roosters pocket is flawed.

KFC

Juniors
Vicious said:
I forgot about Soward, what are they paying him??? $10 a game???.......LOL
Another kids career the Roosters are going to ***?
They should do the right thing by him and release him straight away when they sign Braith??? But, they`ll just do the same thing they did to Firman and let him rot in Premier League until the week before June 30-`06.

You'd be shocked at what they pay Soward and even more shocked if you knew what Canberra offered him :D

Vicious

Bench
Fairfax said:
There's the hole in your argument. It's your opinion. Not a fact. We could drive a truck through your logic.

With concessions etc the cap is actually above $3.25m and will rise again with the $100k service fee concession to be introduced next year.

By the way, after Schubert left Easts he went to Manly and the Magpies, and if memory servers was a lower grade coach at the Dogs during Super League which suggests that your insinuation that he's in the Roosters pocket is flawed.

The fact is that you know i`m right???
If not, tell me who i over estimated??? Underestimated more like it???

Fairfax

Juniors
You're the one with the hotline to the NRL figures, you tell me.

I'm making no claims other than you're talking through biased perspective.

As a show of good faith, show some evidence to support your claim that the Bunnies and Raiders offered the quoted players the figures you stated.

Otherwise, you're just a blowhard.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Fairfax said:
Did you watch Soward play yesterday? He needs more time in the reggies, he hasn't had a full season in Premier League yet! At 19 Andrew Johns ran pretty hot and cold too. Soward is potentailly a good player but he's not a first grader yet. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Soward is a halfback and was always in the queue behind Finch. Since Firman left he's risen in the rankings, but he's not yet a first grader.

Well that's funny, if I had said that about Soward I'd have all you Roosters after my blood because "he's the next Brad Fittler".

Roosters can't do anything right with juniors. The way to give him confidence and help his development is to sign two players who can both play five-eighth and lock and will obviously have one of those positions tied up each? That and they just re-signed Finch :)lol:) so there is no opening in the halves anytime soon.

The Roosters don't need Anasta AND Harrison, they need only one of them and to work with Soward because that guy's a talent. But instead you'll put his career on hold and sign two high profile players, which isn't fair on him and one of the reasons I hate Easts.

He's off contract next year right? He should go back to Canberra to replace Jason Smith for 2007, or the Gold Coast because obviously the Goosters don't want him.

JamesWebster's#1fan said:
This just up more emphasis on my point. How come the Rorters can do what other clubs cannot?

The difference is The Roosters have the money to spend. Manly have the money to spend Canterbury and Parramatta and St George Illawarra and Brisbane have the money to spend. Newcastle are struggling for finances they don' even have a proper set up for training at Newcastle. They have spent most of 2005 without a sponsor and have no leagues club or financial backer. Some clubs spend the whole $3.25 mil so clubs can only afford to spend $2.75 mil or $3 million. They are tight for funds. That's why teams aren't in the marlet for new players. This game in this day and age is all about having the finances we are no longer running a semi professional competition it is a business and the strong will survive and the weak will eventually move down a rung in the Premiership to the NSWRL competitions.

Earl

Coach
Johns Magic said:
Knights are losing upwards of 10 first-grade players with at least one of them being on $250,000 a year and are signing Luke Davico.

Yes but Newcastle have spent $1 million on Andrew Johns and Danny Buderus.

Add to that Kirk Reynoldson on 240, and players like Josh Perry, Matt Gidley, Mark Hughes & Steve Simpson who would all be on big contracts.

Thats 7 players, and I don't think there would be much more than $1 million left at the club.

Vicious

Bench
Fairfax said:
You're the one with the hotline to the NRL figures, you tell me.

I'm making no claims other than you're talking through biased perspective.

As a show of good faith, show some evidence to support your claim that the Bunnies and Raiders offered the quoted players the figures you stated.

Otherwise, you're just a blowhard.

If they produced or found some home grown talent, i couldn`t care less if they had a 10 million cap, but when they constantly want to bleed other sides dry, it becomes beyond a joke. I`ve already provided a list of figures that puts each and every player on the bare minimum they would be earning and none of you trying to defend the Roosters have yet to make a valid point as to who on my list could even possibly be earning less than what i listed???

The bottom line is that the Roosters will not win a comp in the near future in any case as you have far too many sooks in your side and you`ve just added another 2 in Ash Harrison and Braith Anasta!!!

Vicious said:
Somebody tell me that any of these players have been over valuated???

But you do not know what they are on. Some players do stay at clubs for less because they are happy. The lifestyle suits them there are other opportunities to make dollars. That above is speculation.

I could do the same for Canterbury, Parramatta, Saints and Brisbane and come to the same conclusion. You will find the Cowboys in the next few years will keep a lot of there playters that will go onto origin and Aust duties because they are happy up there.

ParraDude_Jay said:
Well that's funny, if I had said that about Soward I'd have all you Roosters after my blood because "he's the next Brad Fittler".

Roosters can't do anything right with juniors. The way to give him confidence and help his development is to sign two players who can both play five-eighth and lock and will obviously have one of those positions tied up each? That and they just re-signed Finch :)lol:) so there is no opening in the halves anytime soon.

The Roosters don't need Anasta AND Harrison, they need only one of them and to work with Soward because that guy's a talent. But instead you'll put his career on hold and sign two high profile players, which isn't fair on him and one of the reasons I hate Easts.

He's off contract next year right? He should go back to Canberra to replace Jason Smith for 2007, or the Gold Coast because obviously the Goosters don't want him.

Next year if Easts get Anasta it will be

6. Anasta
7. Wing
13. Harrison

Soward will be on the bench and Finch on the beach. Hopefully.