What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brandon Smith - Podcast

Chimp

Bench
So he’s all over the news having gushed about the Roosters on the Isaac John podcast, but there were a couple of other bits that caught my ear…

When discussing Cameron Smith, he said something along the lines of ‘he likes a beer, but he doesn’t do any of the other stuff’, awkward chuckle and swiftly moved on from that conversation… Good on Smith, but the fact that needed to be clarified sums up how common it is for players to be on ‘other stuff’, that actually it’s almost a special case that he’s not…. Which goes along with my own experiences at a much lower standard, where I was the only forward in our club not on steroids, and was one of about 3 of the entire squad who didn’t do recreational drugs.

Second point, him moving to Sydney will be a disaster - he’s clearly very loose off the field, he admits as much in the podcast, but there’s no limelight on him in Melbourne. In Sydney, he’ll get caught out, particularly when he appears to be so matey with the YKTR group, a group that includes the super intellects James Segyaro and Corey Norman….

Stay in Melbourne Brandon - you’re going to come undone if not!

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
So he’s all over the news having gushed about the Roosters on the Isaac John podcast, but there were a couple of other bits that caught my ear…

When discussing Cameron Smith, he said something along the lines of ‘he likes a beer, but he doesn’t do any of the other stuff’, awkward chuckle and swiftly moved on from that conversation… Good on Smith, but the fact that needed to be clarified sums up how common it is for players to be on ‘other stuff’, that actually it’s almost a special case that he’s not…. Which goes along with my own experiences at a much lower standard, where I was the only forward in our club not on steroids, and was one of about 3 of the entire squad who didn’t do recreational drugs.

Second point, him moving to Sydney will be a disaster - he’s clearly very loose off the field, he admits as much in the podcast, but there’s no limelight on him in Melbourne. In Sydney, he’ll get caught out, particularly when he appears to be so matey with the YKTR group, a group that includes the super intellects James Segyaro and Corey Norman….

Stay in Melbourne Brandon - you’re going to come undone if not!
I've been of the belief he'd be better off going to a Queensland club or going to the Warriors.

He's going to come unstuck in a hurry in Sydney's eastern suburbs.

moffla

Bench
I have no issue with him moving on. It's well within his rights and we only have one hooker spot up for grabs.

But the way he's gone about it has left a really bitter taste in my mouth. He's just been done playing with powder - that man should be down at training busting his arse to make up for it. Instead he's on podcasts talking about how the prospect of winning a title with the Roosters makes his eyes water.

I do enjoy his candid nature, but he needs to read the room and understand that he's still a Melbourne player.

Angry_eel

First Grade
If Reed Mahoney came out and said he's exciting about being in the blue and white jersey, I'd write an email to the club to f**k him off. Melbourne are a diff club so let's see what they do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angry_eel

First Grade
Nekk Minnit - Brandon is on Lux Sydney Series 3 looking for a bachelor pad on Bondi Beach with Cohen Handler.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Nekk Minnit - Brandon is on Lux Sydney Series 3 looking for a bachelor pad on Bondi Beach with Cohen Handler.
Wouldn't surprise me. Hate to say it but I think this has all the makings of another Todd Carney coming back to bite Easts on the bum.

He should've signed with the Dolphins or stayed in Melbourne where Bennett or Bellamy would keep him on a tight leash so to speak.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
When discussing Cameron Smith, he said something along the lines of ‘he likes a beer, but he doesn’t do any of the other stuff’, awkward chuckle and swiftly moved on from that conversation… Good on Smith, but the fact that needed to be clarified sums up how common it is for players to be on ‘other stuff’, that actually it’s almost a special case that he’s not….
Getting on the lattes?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Roosters is probably a good place for him, as said he is very 'loose' and Robinson seems a strict coach so that will help his chances of not going totally off the tracks (excuse the pun). They're pretty good at 'managing' indiscretions as well.

YoungPanther

Juniors
Nice of Nick to check on the welfare of the boys, right in the middle of them playing golf with the Cheese. Surely he has nothing better to do with his time in the US than call JWH to see if his number 2 was solid this morning.

azza29

Juniors
Isn't it interesting how a bloke can go from most to least likable player in the space of a few months. Enjoy starting at hooker for the Falcons this year, Brandon.

blaza88z

Coach
Despite what is being said in here, Melbourne are in no position to let Brandon Smith go 1 year early

Harry Grant is not an 80 minute player, he was exposed in the finals when Smith was forced out of the game early, Melbourne need Brandon Smith for at least another year to nurture Harry Grant into being an 80 minute player

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why would Storm be upset? We know we know we are going to lose him and that he is shopping himself around. Nione of that is news.
Get the most out of him whilst we have him and as said let Grant have another year at half time to keep developing. Bellamy's too smart to get annoyed if he feels Smith still has something to contribute to next year. It might be Storms best window for a while at a title given the change in players and coaching thats coming.