What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brandon Smith - Podcast

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Nothing much will come of it you say? I reckon Martina is heating up the tongs in his subterranean dungeon as we speak and has already sacrificed a unicorn in anticipation of what he will do to Brandon.
Nothing much in terms of releasing him, dropping him etc.
Kikau at least was assured the photo would be released straight away and would be held until the appropriate time.

Smith just surfed the podwaves and let it all hang out.
Yeah, I dunno why anyone would have an issue with what Kikau did. He signed a new contract, and was assured nothing would be released. Players sign new contracts all the time.

Dogs Of War

Coach
If Reed Mahoney came out and said he's exciting about being in the blue and white jersey, I'd write an email to the club to f**k him off. Melbourne are a diff club so let's see what they do.

I will write into the YKTR boys and see if they can get him on the podcast next week then.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Conveniently omitting the money from Cordner, Friend, Liu, JMoz and BMoz. And that Smith's contract doesn't start until 2023. Other than that, point well made.

BMoz and JMoz really don't come into calculations as they were both just over minimum wage. But the point is well made.

macnaz

Staff member
The rank cheese is already halfway to a Cordner/Freind concussion retirement , the guy gets KO'd ever other week.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Conveniently omitting the money from Cordner, Friend, Liu, JMoz and BMoz. And that Smith's contract doesn't start until 2023. Other than that, point well made.
Yes the existing players manu, chrichton etc are happy to play for the same

nick87

Coach
Couldnt care less, couldnt give a shit
He's entitled to do whatever he likes with his free agency and it's his right to announce those moves in any which way he chooses

I understand the Storm being upset and if they'd rather move on now without him, that's understandable. But as a Raiders fan, with no dog in the fight, i honestly dont know why non-storm fans are so upset about this.

As for the OP and the comment about "other stuff"... i think anyone who doesnt believe the VAST majority of professional sports players are indulging in "other stuff" are probably pretty naive. It's not even a high society/money thing anymore, like i know dudes who are working in warehouses earning 50k a year, who love to dabble in it, and they're happy to spend the little amount of disposable income they have on it too.

Just the nature of how things are now.

Burwood

Bench
I look forward to his next podcast appearance where the story changes from him winning $1000 off Munster in a year playing cards, to him winning $10,000 per hole playing golf against Uncle Nick.

Mojo

Bench
I don't give a rat's about B.Smith or Storm or Roosters but I don't appreciate anybody, especially sports 'stars', basically promoting recreational drug use. I have two young relatives who have ruined their lives, and the lives of many around them, using so called 'nose beers', one of whom started using it with his league playing buddies. It is not something to be treated with casual humour.

jack coburn

Juniors
Just a bogan munter who loves & revels the 5 minutes of attention he gets. Good luck to him.
have to agree. people carrying on like he's a marquee player worth 1 mill a year.
as much as I hate the word ( I lived in the bogan shire) he definitely is.

Valheru

Coach
There is definitely an overreaction on this from those that are not associated with the Storm. Having said that I'm not sure where his manager and advisers are in all of this and I don't think the roosters would be particularly thrilled either.

There is definitely an overreaction on this from those that are not associated with the Storm. Having said that I'm not sure where his manager and advisers are in all of this and I don't think the roosters would be particularly thrilled either.
According to said podcast Smith’s greatest footy confidant is a sauced up Matty Johns…
Cheese cuming to a Bun near you 😂

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Why is it an overreaction? I don't think there's a precedent for this as long as I've followed rugby league. I don't think you need to be involved with the Storm to acknowledge it was a massive slap in the face and an insult to a club that pays him very well and has made him who he is.

Then I read that twitter 'apology' above, and as per the sportsperson's way, he apologies for 'how his comments have been received' as opposed to you know, the actual comments.

It's not the end of the world, and it's not 1% as bad as what one of his club mates is suspended for etc etc. But it is shit. And I reckon he could own it more than saying sorry for how 'it's been received'

jack coburn

Juniors
Why is it an overreaction? I don't think there's a precedent for this as long as I've followed rugby league. I don't think you need to be involved with the Storm to acknowledge it was a massive slap in the face and an insult to a club that pays him very well and has made him who he is.

Then I read that twitter 'apology' above, and as per the sportsperson's way, he apologies for 'how his comments have been received' as opposed to you know, the actual comments.

It's not the end of the world, and it's not 1% as bad as what one of his club mates is suspended for etc etc. But it is shit. And I reckon he could own it more than saying sorry for how 'it's been received'
Not a precedent... how long you followed league 12 months.
I remember a couple players off the top of my head being paraded around in opposing team gear with a year to run on contracts. Mundine , Wing come to mind before this year.

Latest posts