What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brandon Smith - Podcast

Munted

Bench
Surely being fined for swearing on a low grade podcast would have to take the cake though.
It's a pretty dopey reason, but what i refer to as 'getting fired for a technicality'.
He's employed by the Melbourne Storm still, and this is not a media duty they would have approved had they known he would swear 69 times and discuss the desire of winning a comp in another jersey.

These idiots get paid a lot of money, receive media training AND have the luxury of seeing other players act like goons weekly and get punished to learn from.

Munted

Bench
NRL are looking at fining him.... for swearing... apparently

lol
Braif is a dickhead.
His comparison to tradies swearing on the job site and B Smith swearing on a podcast aren't even close.
Swearing on the field during play, sure.

I do agree that its a bit over the top, i swear like a mother f**ker and at work. Again though, time and place. If i go visit a client for a chat, drop F and C bombs and it gets back to my employer who has a word to me, fair play.

Knight76

Juniors
I don't give a crap about the swearing. Just listen to them on the field who cares.

And I doubt anybody is thinking he sat down anf rubbished the Storm on porpoise.

But, it was stupid stuff, and he implied the Storm are a bunch of pissheads, and that there is a casual drug culture, and said how he longed to win a premiership for the Roosters.

Surely people can get how this is not the done thing.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Babble.

If he had signed with the Dolphins (or the Warriors for that matter), and said "I'd love to win a comp in this jersey", would there have been the same fan reaction?
Fair point...although the point remains that he said it before anything had been announced. I think you're partly right, although I think the fact the Roosters are a major rival is more so to the point than it being the Roosters. The Panthers or Souths etc I believe would've got a similar response. But yeah, in hindsight I take it back - the Uncle Nick salary cap sombrero might've had an effect on the reaction.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Braif is a dickhead.
His comparison to tradies swearing on the job site and B Smith swearing on a podcast aren't even close.
Swearing on the field during play, sure.

I do agree that its a bit over the top, i swear like a mother f**ker and at work. Again though, time and place. If i go visit a client for a chat, drop F and C bombs and it gets back to my employer who has a word to me, fair play.
Yeah....I think Braith's IQ might be seven. Potentially eight.

I dunno, maybe don't swear 62 times on a podcast. 3 of those the C bomb. Maybe don't glorify drinking a bottle of vodka in half an hour. Feel free to say you were impressed by the Roosters, but don't dump on your current club (and don't anyone waste your time saying he didn't, because the Storm said he did...and that's all that matters)

When people speak about players saying what is on their mind, I think of Micheal Luck at my club. Honest as. Never swore, but told it exactly how it was. Once told the media that when God was handing out brains, Kevin Locke was out buying magic beans. And was brutally honest when we'd been shit. It doesn't have to be F bombs, talking about getting hammered and picking up chicks (T.Rudolf) and anything else that isn't going to particularly help the NRL to sell its product.

Munted

Bench
Yeah....I think Braith's IQ might be seven. Potentially eight.
I'm fully expecting Braif to start swearing on air, doing a podcast where he talks about his dream of calling NRL on channel 9 instead of fox and dropping comments about the piss head culture of the matty Johns hosts.

This Year?

Immortal
I used to like Brandon Smith. In the interview after the MOM performance in the Indigenous game he came across as a level headed, likeable guy.
Sadly now he is just a flog whose hijinx are slowly getting more and more cringe.
Braith Anasta is also a flog who thinks because he is in the media, that people also listen to his opinion and think it carries weight.
The NRL are becoming flogs too for fining someone for swearing during an interview which is a post Grand Final tradition.
I get that the swearing is excessive, but mums and kids aren't the target audience for YKTR, who also happen to be flogs.

Munted

Bench
I used to like Brandon Smith. In the interview after the MOM performance in the Indigenous game he came across as a level headed, likeable guy.
Sadly now he is just a flog whose hijinx are slowly getting more and more cringe.
Braith Anasta is also a flog who thinks because he is in the media, that people also listen to his opinion and think it carries weight.
The NRL are becoming flogs too for fining someone for swearing during an interview which is a post Grand Final tradition.
I get that the swearing is excessive, but mums and kids aren't the target audience for YKTR, who also happen to be flogs.
Have a flog mate.

roofromoz

First Grade
Fox Sports' issue seems to be that he spoke to Isaac John on a podcast and not Matty Johns on a podcast. Guaranteed if it was word for word what he said but to Matty, it would have been wall to wall articles on how Cheese is just being Cheese and for the critics to lay off him. May even chuck in weasal words like cancel culture.

The_Frog

First Grade
Why would Storm be upset? We know we know we are going to lose him and that he is shopping himself around. Nione of that is news.
Get the most out of him whilst we have him and as said let Grant have another year at half time to keep developing. Bellamy's too smart to get annoyed if he feels Smith still has something to contribute to next year. It might be Storms best window for a while at a title given the change in players and coaching thats coming.
This year was Storm's best chance of a title. They choked spectacularly.

betcats

Referee
Who cares about what this white powdered neckless kiwi bogan said on a podcast, anyone who listens to Corey Norman and James segeyaros best mate chat to real nrl players needs their head checked.

Cheese was funny a year ago now he’s just an embarrassment to the great Australian state of New Zealand.

Reflector

Juniors
Babble.

If he had signed with the Dolphins (or the Warriors for that matter), and said "I'd love to win a comp in this jersey", would there have been the same fan reaction?
Dolphins have yet to play a game in the NRL and the Roosters have a much bigger rivalry with the Storm than the Warriors do.

stryker

First Grade
When Paul Kent uses his favourite phrase ‘You wouldn’t see that type of thing at the Storm or the Roosters’
obviously he’s not referring to bulk nose beers or racially abusing unsuspecting members of the general public.
Agreed.
Thats usually reserved for Newcastle.

Fox Sports' issue seems to be that he spoke to Isaac John on a podcast and not Matty Johns on a podcast. Guaranteed if it was word for word what he said but to Matty, it would have been wall to wall articles on how Cheese is just being Cheese and for the critics to lay off him. May even chuck in weasal words like cancel culture.

Fox Sports are a joke. No self-respecting NRL player will talk to their hack journalists so most of their stories have the same hack journalist or former player on the Murdoch payroll giving their worthless opinion.

They know they have no credibility with NRL players but because they’re arrogant conservatives (you’d have to be to work for Rupert) they take massive umbrage with not having access to players.

Half the sh*t on their page is who superstar, multiple Origin series winning captain Paul Gallen is going to fight next in the Battle Of No One Gives a F*ck.

Latest posts