What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brandy's Comments About Milford

saint.nick

Coach
As you're all aware, Greg Alexander rightly accused Milford of 'stealing' money from the Broncos for the past years due to his completely inept rubbish. He's obviously not wrong, Milford is garbage and his attitude issues are well known.

But of course, this sparked outrage across the rugby league community.

I don't understand what the outrage is about. The remark may have been brutal but so what, he isn't wrong. The culture in Australian rugby league is to tickle players' balls whenever possible, and keep any criticism to an absolute minimum so that we don't their feelings.

Have people never seen sports punditry in the US or UK? This is standard operating procedure over there, yet back down here Cooper Cronk gets criticised for being 'too harsh' because he wants to see more premierships from Adam Reynolds to warrant a new contract on Reynolds' terms.

It bloody shits me I tell ya.

Yet...

In the same week Alexander said on The Back Page that when playing for the Warriors he (and Phil Blake) were golf fanatics parading as football players.... he’s a walking contradiction..

This bloke just keeps on delivering utter tripe in commentary and on screen. My contempt for him is now complete.

Milford has been poor for a number of seasons yet is seemingly immune to being dropped from the first grade squad. As such, is it any wonder he doesn't feel like he has to put in on the field?

Mark B

Juniors
He was a superstar in the making at the Raiders. The Bronco’s were the movers and shakers in poaching him. Sometimes karma can bite you on the arse.

nick87

Coach
Obviously Milford has to bare some responsibility for his fall from grace, but i look at that club and what has happened since they lost the battle and won the war (LOL! Still my favourite quote on this site) and i personally hold the Brisbane Broncos club responsible

I've said it 100 times before but RL need to convene some sort of Nuremberg style trial to hold account for crimes against the code

First up is the Broncos for taking a once in a generation talent, one of the most gifted and creative players in the world and coaching every ounce of talent, creativity and ability out of him to the point now where he is a mediocre catch and pass, ball distributing halfback

It can not be overstated how electric and dynamic he was as an attacking footballer and now he's basically a shittier version of Chad Townsend. And ill never forgive them for it. What happened here was akin to us jumping 4 years into the future and finding out Kaylan Ponga is playing a catch, pass and kick role as a first receiver at the knights.

Haul the incompetent boobs responsible for this in front of a RL grand jury, they should spend the rest of their days in stocks for the RL public to hurl rotten fruit at

gUt

Coach
Why should they get off so lightly? They should be made to come back and be a part of the club again.

Nealo 12

Bench
Yet...

In the same week Alexander said on The Back Page that when playing for the Warriors he (and Phil Blake) were golf fanatics parading as football players.... he’s a walking contradiction..

This bloke just keeps on delivering utter tripe in commentary and on screen. My contempt for him is now complete.
Is it because you have the same problem with Hunt ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
They're paid to share their opinion, its disrespectful but there you go, probably says a lot about Alexander as a person. You could see whn he was called out about Panthers double standards replayers contracts how much he went into melt down.
Re Milford, I don't see a lack of effort, just in a weak team he is found wanting (which tbf is probably 80% of halfbacks). If clubs want to throw silly money at him that is there problem not his.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I dislike Alexander as much as the next person, but he's not wrong. Take it from a Broncos supporter. We should have heeded Benji's warning years ago when he called Milford out for being a slack ass in training. That should have been a giveaway as to his work ethic and desire to perform.

As for the people whining about the savagery of the comments, suck it up. Milford is on a million a year. He's the wealthiest merkin in Inala. He doesn't need or care about your sympathy, and if nobody at the club is going to tear him a new asshole for his shit performances, the talking heads in the media may as well do it. He has to hear it from somebody. If harsh criticism like that really does hurt the lazy little shit in his peaheart, then he might want to stay the f**k off BHQ for starters.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
People like Sterlo, Gus etc still talk up Mitch Pearce like he's a future immortal even though he's clearly just an average half and has been for the past 5 seasons.

mate he’s been average for a lot longer than that.

Unless the implication is he only managed to become average in the last 5 years I suppose

Danish

Referee
As for Milford, he’s clearly been the worst value player in the league... I mean besides half of the tigers recruitment.

I wouldn’t call it theft given the absolute garbage the broncos pulled on the raiders to get him there (all that homesick bullshit and such), but he’s been a terrible acquisition and clearly hasn’t been putting in the last 2 seasons at least.

it’s refreshing to hear a person paid to voice their opinion on league actually doing so. It hit hard because for once it wasn’t the useless news Ltd journos doing it as no one gives a f**k what Kent or Rothfield have to say

saint.nick

Coach
They're paid to share their opinion, its disrespectful but there you go, probably says a lot about Alexander as a person. You could see whn he was called out about Panthers double standards replayers contracts how much he went into melt down.
Re Milford, I don't see a lack of effort, just in a weak team he is found wanting (which tbf is probably 80% of halfbacks). If clubs want to throw silly money at him that is there problem not his.
There has to be a lack of effort. if a very experienced ex-teammate, who witnessed Milford at training every day, thinks he's slack then it's probably true.

saint.nick

Coach
As for Milford, he’s clearly been the worst value player in the league... I mean besides half of the tigers recruitment.

I wouldn’t call it theft given the absolute garbage the broncos pulled on the raiders to get him there (all that homesick bullshit and such), but he’s been a terrible acquisition and clearly hasn’t been putting in the last 2 seasons at least.

it’s refreshing to hear a person paid to voice their opinion on league actually doing so. It hit hard because for once it wasn’t the useless news Ltd journos doing it as no one gives a f**k what Kent or Rothfield have to say
This is my wider point, rugby league in Australia has had a broadcast media culture of massaging the players rather than being honest. They've always employed former players or coaches who'd prefer to stay friendly with x player and to not rock the apple cart. It's like Denan Kemp writing serenades to Cam Murray but not as over the top. It took the media about 5 years to give any sort of negative press to Mary McGregor just because he was present among the wider circle of the RL world and everyone felt too awkward to criticise him until it got completely indefensible. Gordon Tallis would criticise Bennett, and everyone gasps then gives him a segment on the Matty Johns show to further elaborate and make it easier for them to process. As much as like Andrew Johns' insight, he will go into detail about things that teams are doing right, but when it comes to teams doing things wrong (and a lot) he won't really call anyone to account for it, unless it's super bad like Joey Leilua being a contemptible waste of space.

I hope Brandy encouraged others to say what they're really thinking, it's better than "hmmm *shrug* yeah, dno what's wrong with them, they're in a tough place at the moment, we'll see what happens"

typicalfan

Coach
Milf has been dreadful but part of that has got to be not putting the right players around him. He needs a dominant 9/7 to allow him to play his game.

Latest posts