What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brayden Williame

St Georgio

Juniors
2 Big Penguins is what is needed these days, Tall, Big, Strong, good under the high ball, sound in cleaning up the grubbers, faultless in defending the try line and must wear long white padded bicycles pants.
Yep a Modern version of a Graeme Bradley is the Man for the way the game is played today.

SAP58

Juniors
Seen the video but don’t know much about him however if he replaces Lafai then his acquisition on a one year contract is fine with me. As others have said 2020 will be more pain I think but 2021 will be a different story.........as long as the right changes at the top are made.

boardlumps62

Juniors
2 Big Penguins is what is needed these days, Tall, Big, Strong, good under the high ball, sound in cleaning up the grubbers, faultless in defending the try line and must wear long white padded bicycles pants.
Yep a Modern version of a Graeme Bradley is the Man for the way the game is played today.
Tad more pace maybe the pants wouldn't let him stretch out lol

The calm one

Juniors
We will know well before Charity Shield because if Millward does not sigh Xerri or Mitchell, you can confidently assume that Aitken and Lafai will be our centre pairing.

Mary has already stated that Lomax will start as fullback and I have no doubt he will because that would be a condition he insists on before he signs an extension to his contract.

The only other players that may slot into the centres are untried as centres in the NRL; Ravalawa and, Pearson and Sailor. To me it seems unlikely that Mary will use any of these players in the centres unless either Aitken or Lafai become unavailable through injury.
Millward can not sign Xerri or Mitchell because they are not coming here. The only signature the Dragons will get from those two is an autographed photo. THEY AREN'T COMING HERE. Get to like it. Stay calm

watatank

Coach
So we are signing a 26 year old that played 26 NRL games over 4 seasons then went to ESL in order to get some game time?
Amazing. Look forward to seeing him play another 1-2 NRL games next year.

Haha. I think we're only on about 24-25 players at the moment. Still a few to go. Prepare for more underwhelming signings to come this off season.

nontime111

Juniors
see some Williame games...youll fast see that he has improved a lot and keeps getting better, also hes no Gasnier but is currently a far better centre than both lumps of ours I think he'll surprise you all
For centres Id go Ravi and Willy anyday over them two plodding amateurs
I think Ravi wiht his great off load and pace, power natural footballing head could esxcel there and be our kind of new imporved Naiquama
Williame, I think, was only left out of the NRL teams as he couldnt settle and at each club had pretty decent centres in place already, so a bit of bad luck to me...so had an opportunity in SL hell go ok for us hes a new and improved Lafai really only who hits hard his D is my fave has a great long pass also

if Ravi is out of his depth keep him as a winger and fastrack Max Feagai or Esau and back them, both guns, it SHOULD have been Marsters, wholl carve for Souths but Williame with a gun youngster or Ravi if he learns the spot would go damn lot better than those two who Baldy keeps picking , ones far too slow or jus tpast it from injuries and far far too inconsistent and one cant pass or read defence at all

Id go for this if we get him and when you see him in a red v hitting hard in defence AND with a gun offload youll see why

Lomax
Saab
Willy e
Ravi or Faegai
Ravi or Sailor
Norman
Hunt

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
see some Williame games...youll fast see that he has improved a lot and keeps getting better, also hes no Gasnier but is currently a far better centre than both lumps of ours I think he'll surprise you all
For centres Id go Ravi and Willy anyday over them two plodding amateurs
I think Ravi wiht his great off load and pace, power natural footballing head could esxcel there and be our kind of new imporved Naiquama
Williame, I think, was only left out of the NRL teams as he couldnt settle and at each club had pretty decent centres in place already, so a bit of bad luck to me...so had an opportunity in SL hell go ok for us hes a new and improved Lafai really only who hits hard his D is my fave has a great long pass also

if Ravi is out of his depth keep him as a winger and fastrack Max Feagai or Esau and back them, both guns, it SHOULD have been Marsters, wholl carve for Souths but Williame with a gun youngster or Ravi if he learns the spot would go damn lot better than those two who Baldy keeps picking , ones far too slow or jus tpast it from injuries and far far too inconsistent and one cant pass or read defence at all

Id go for this if we get him and when you see him in a red v hitting hard in defence AND with a gun offload youll see why

Lomax
Saab
Willy e
Ravi or Faegai
Ravi or Sailor
Norman
Hunt
Masters certainly had the ability..but did not have the consistency, concentration or at times attitude
Although now he is under JD & Wayne...I dont think letting Masters go was a mistake nor was Pat Herbert.
We will see how the next year or so pans out.
When you think about it....remember the hype re the 4 Mat'utai bros at Newcastle and people wanted to sign them on a collective big deal and they were going to be the next big thing in the outside backs.
Well I think Sione? the youngest is still around and playing decent footy... in the backrow. :rolleyes:
The hype around some players from JF and CC level is way overdone and the media and their managers are the catalysts for their careers going backwards.
I applaud the Dragons pathways and their conservatism and caution with some of these guys by not rushing them and selecting the better ones to keep

Mary's problem is he too short sighted and all about believing his game plans from 2015 when they work will win games and wont expose new players who have not practiced his dull plans enough.
Throw them in the deep end for a few games in a row even after a rough debut or enough game time...especially when it is no big loss to the side to see how they handle it.
Origin has proved great opportunities since 17 but he mainly relies on the older CC players to fill the gaps or saying to his origin players it is a honour to back up for your team..mates, which is true but you need to provide plans to rotate their rest throughout the back half of a season...

Some players will take the leap when given a shot and they never look back..(Saab, Ford, Lawrie, Lomax)
Some need to go back and work on things but can make it (Rav, Dufty, Pearson, Periera, Euie, Host?)
Some go back and may never return (Field, s/be Lafai, Latimore, Host?)
But you never know until you expose them for long enough.
Saab was forced on him as was Ford by others.

I am looking forward to watch Eddie Blacker go and being given the licence to rip in.
His physique and running style is made for front row. I rate him potentially much better than Kerr.
The only question does he have the constant aggression.

Last edited:

Latest posts