What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breach tops a million

Bench
Steve Mascourd just reported on FOX,that the full extent of the breach is unknown,but it has now hit 1.3 million for season 2010,and that justifies the NRL's hard line stance on no points this year.
Because even if they shed players,which now is inevitable,there could be more rorts uncovered later on,meaning they could shed players to get under,but more rorts could be uncovered meaning they are back over again.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
That's almost a third of the cap, ridiculous. Hopefully this ends the talk of pay cuts. For a squad of 25 that's over 50k per person, ignoring the fact that half the team would be on 100k or lower making it impossible for them to take a cut.

For the Storm to get under the cap their big name/mid tier stars would have to have their salaries cut down to where they should've been to avoid this entire mess to begin with.

Bench
guessing he heard it on foxsports ch513
Yeh I did,Mascourd comes on every week to spruke his RLW,he said it was revealed last night(tuesday)and he can't beleive it wasn't picked up on and splashed all over the media today.I will try find a link,if anyone else can help it would be appreciated.

Charlie124

First Grade
Its almost doubled since it was first reported (700k). This only proves that the action Gallop took was 100% correct.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i heard him say it too

the figure was given to him by Burraston who said that is what the NRL told him

Jobdog

Live Update Team
So they're 1.3mill over, so the NRL were 100% right in docking them all their points for this year, however, they're still playing with an illegal team and by beating other teams, f**king up their chances of making the finals. The Storm are like "well, if we can't get points, then neither can anyone else", which sets a dangerous precedent.

Is it too late for Gallop to come in now and say "right, you have to get rid of x amount of players and you will continue to play for no points until such time as you have done this"?

adamkungl

Immortal
I was hoping that they might be able to shop around some players, get udner the cap and [play for points, but its becoming increasingly clear that this can't happen.

As for f**king up teams finals chances, upon reflection I dont think its much of an issue. Everyone has to play Melbourne, the better teams will beat them and make the finals, deservedly so.

Quidgybo

Bench
some only play them once and others play them twice

hardly fair
Unfortunately there's only one way that could possibly be addressed. Annul the matches teams have played against the Storm so far and redo the entire draw for the remainder of the season without them. So yes it's hardly fair, but unless you're willing to go down that path it's a fact of life until the team is brought under the cap.

Leigh.

Last edited:

Latest posts