What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking News

Since 73

First Grade
Can't wait till we play the warriors.

Be very exciting if he was let loose off the bench against the dragoons this weekend. He would be very keen to show he still has it and impress his new club.

Thomo.

First Grade
i'm happy with this

but is he in form? he has gone quiet since the kanga tour 03, hasn't he?

givmeabeer

Juniors
From memory he needs a bit of work on his handling. I don't mind the bloke, he has some go in him and that can't hurt us...

top work sharks

given the short notice mid-season it's a terrific coup to sign a player of villa's experience and capabilities and have him available so quick.

here's hoping the change of scenery gives him a fresh start and he re-captures his best form. all things working out well with ben ross back next season and douglas continuing to develop that would have to give us one of the hardest packs in the comp.

at full strength something like

ross
kinga
douglas
thommo
bailey
gallen

villa
hutch
williams
latu

fatshark

Bench
He will fit in well with the rest of the bros. Hopefully he can find that devestating form he was in...unstoppable!

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Something went drastically wrong at the warriors. Just the other day I saw him on the bench and I was scratching my head wondering why the fall from grace? At his best he can be devastating so I reckon Thomo should be appointed his mentor and bring back the 'wildman' mentality.

cronullashark

Juniors
Sharks to give Villa a chance
By James Hooper
May 4, 2006

FORMER Australia tourist Richard Villasanti has been tossed a career lifeline by the Sharks with the exiled enforcer set to possibly start for the side this Sunday.

Cut to New Zealand's lowly Bartercard Card Cup for the past two months, Sharks chief executive Greg Pierce last night offered Villasanti a window of redemption.

One of the most feared front rowers in the NRL two seasons ago, Villasanti has signed with the Sharks until the end of 2006 and may become a shock inclusion for Sunday's local derby against St George-Illawarra.

The Warriors prop, who toured with the Kangaroos at the end of 2003, has been lured to the Sharks as a replacement for injured Queensland front rower Ben Ross.

"I've got a bit of a point to prove, I'm thankful to Cronulla for giving me the chance to return to Australia," Villasanti said.

"It's worked out really well for everyone, I've been looking to get back to Australia for a little while now.

"After six years at the Warriors it feels like I'm ready to revamp my career. I can't wait."

Sharks chief executive Pierce began the search for a front rower last Saturday after learning the Sharks had lost Ross for the season.

Having consulted senior Sharks players, including 2003 Kangaroos tourists Brett Kimmorley and Phil Bailey, Pierce signed Villasanti for the remainder of this season.

Advertisement:
The former New Zealand Warriors prop had faded from the NRL radar after boom seasons in 2002 and 2003 saw him plucked from obscurity for the 2003 tour of the UK.
The former Warriors prop, who is expected to arrive in Sydney tomorrow, played 19 NRL games last season and turns 26 later this month.

"He's already got over 100 games under his belt so we see him as the right type of fit for us," Pierce said. "You don't get to play for Australia in the front row unless you're a very good player.

"Hopefully he has got a point to prove and he could turn out to be a very good buy for us."

Sharks coach Stuart Raper confirmed Villasanti was a slim chance of being included in the outfit to meet the Dragons.

The Daily Telegraph

Says nuthin about being added to the bench!

carcharias

Immortal
We are starting to look like "The Heartbreak Hotel" .

Good stuff.

I think he will be great...let him on the field

Macca

Coach
King of the Hill said:
Perhaps - but we're not paying him to be a good bloke!

Same with Greg Bird eh KOTH?

What brilliant timing. Well done to Greg Pierce.

Thomo.

First Grade
i mentioned i'm happy with it. and the more i think about the more i'm warming to it. lets hope he can find that damaging form from 03:evil:

Breadman

Juniors
I think a little extra support (insert CSSC song) from the fans will help him being happy at the Sharks and therefore in my opinion has a much greater chance at recapturing his form of 03.
I like his comments about being given a chance to resurrect his career, I like it alot