What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Kelly

legend

Coach
Scored 13 tries in 13 games for the Sharks in PL last year. I've been waiting for him to get a start. Hope he goes well.

On a brighter note, David Howell has been dropped which is always nice.

PRKLCD

Juniors
I have heard good things about him from a mate who follows the sharks.......... Can't be worse than Howell that's for sure

woodgers

Bench
I've seen him once.....last year when Raiders PL thrashed the Sharks 70-4 or something. Kelly scored their only meat pie :D

Zilly scored 5 tries from halfback that game, he will be thrilled to not be chasing him all day again, but rather playing on his team.

Chachi

Bench
Yeah, that Cronulla PL game is the only time I've seen him too. Can't say he stood out, but statistically speaking he's obviously got some try scoring ability.

Wouldn't it be nice if we finally had another 'rookie' come in and play an outstanding game on debut.

I'm looking forward to Monday night, but I think we'll be under the hammer with the Goosters fired up for a big game.

raidersforme

Juniors
Opportunity knocks, and Kelly hopes to answer
David Jean
space.gif

After five years and four different NRL clubs Canberra Raiders utility Brett Kelly believes he now has what it takes to make it in the toughest rugby league competition in the world. On Monday night Kelly will debut for the Raiders on the wing during their clash with the Sydney Roosters at Canberra Stadium.
It will be just his second NRL game in a career that has taken him to the Wests Tigers, St George Illawarra Dragons and Cronulla Sharks.
After five years cruelled by injury and inconsistent form Kelly knows now is the time for him to make or break his career.
The 24-year-old said moving from club to club had forced him to mature, meaning he would approach his impending Raiders debut with a level head.
After successfully recovering from off-season shoulder surgery he was now ready to embed himself in the NRL.
"I think I've grown up a bit so hopefully I'm a bit smarter about my football than I have been in the past," Kelly told The Canberra Times.
"I think it's about experience.
"I've been around now.
"I've seen a lot of different training techniques and I've learned a little bit."
Injury has so far cruelled Kelly's career.
He was hampered by groin problems throughout a three-year stint at the Tigers.
He then had ankle surgery on the eve of debuting for the Dragons in 2005 and injured his shoulder just two weeks after playing his first game for the Sharks last year.
Despite his history of injury the Raiders signed Kelly to a two-year deal midway through last season. Kelly admitted the countless injury interruptions had been frustrating, but said working as a physical education teacher had helped him get things in perspective.
"I was off full-time training last year so the couple of days I got off I did a bit of work. When you're training full time it's the only thing you're really worried about and it consumes you a little bit. Having something else to do definitely helped me."
While the teaching helped keep his mind off things, Kelly said he was now focussed on making his football work, starting on Monday.
"To get a run this early in the season is a bit unexpected but hopefully I'll make the most of it and go from there," he said.

http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/de... league&story_id=574553&category=Rugby League

beacon.asp

Latest posts