What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Morris - the most likeable player in the NRL era?

I didn’t watch last nights game but when I saw Brett Morris had done an ACL i felt absolutely gutted...

Him and Josh were indeed Dragons juniors and played for the club I love... before both left at varying times... but many seasons ago.

Yet both, but particularity Brett, are still absolutely loved by all the dragons fans I know. And beyond dragons fans.... I don’t know anyone who has a bad word to say about either... (although maybe there are haters that I just haven’t heard about...).

And that’s a remarkable thing considering they’ve played for the Dragons, the Bulldogs, the Sharks and now the Roosters... 4 big-daddies of clubs that are despised by many fans of Rugby League.

For me, my most memorable and respected moment of these two guys wasn’t in a dragons jumper, it was in a blue one. Playing in the 100th State of Origin game where they both suffered horrible injuries but kept going - Josh a knee injury but chasing down Greg Inglis.... Brett a shoulder but staying on the field all game, and making one try saving “ball and all tackle” near the tryline....

Is Brett Morris the most likeable NRL player in the comp?

Further to that, is he the most likeable player in the NRL era?

I truly hope he can come back next year. I have never and will never support the roosters (as much as I respect them) but I will always go for Brett Morris...

brett-morris-supporter-in-the-crowd-holds-up-a-sign-during-the-round-picture-id113839392

images

Fangs

Coach
Not a Panther so he can't be the most likeable but yes he is a good man.

He and his brother embarrassed plenty of people who said they were done after the Dogs wanted to shaft them. Brett Morris is the best RL winger of the 21st century.

When it happened, it was heart breaking. Yes he is a player for my club presently, but to hear anyone screaming in agony like he was was bad to hear and watch, and if that happened to a player at a club I'm not fond of I'd say that. Injuries may happen, but I hope to never see another player have to go through that.

The anguish and despair on Brett's face in the dressing room after the game will haunt me.

Last edited:

Mark B

Juniors
Both twins are up there. I watched the game and that last five minutes were just bizarre. An ACL must be one of the most excruciating injuries pain wise.

t-ba

Post Whore
Really gutted for the bloke, really wish he'd played his career out at the Dragons but also happy he found success elsewhere.

Really wish Fox would stick their change room cameras where the sun don't shine showing the post game stuff.

I didn't watch after the match last night but I just saw them replay and like seriously why?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just confirmed on Fox it is his acl. Such a shame for a great player to have to end it like that.

Latest posts