What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

MSIH

Bench
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25151781-5001021,00.html

MANLY'S champion fullback Brett Stewart is under investigation for an alleged sexual assault on Friday night after the club's 2009 season launch.
The Sunday Telegraph understands Manly police have issued an interim AVO against the Sea Eagles superstar, who is the face of the NRL’s multi-million dollar advertising campaign this year.

Stewart was interviewed by Manly police until 4am this morning before being allowed to leave with his manager George Mimis.

He cannot return to his home in Manly because it is only two houses away from the alleged victim.

The Sunday Telegraph understand Stewart left Manly police station and spent the night at his girlfriend’s home.

The Sea Eagles have hired top Sydney lawyer Geoff Bellew to handle the case and say Stewart will vigorously defend the allegations .

Senior NRL officials have told The Sunday Telegraph and decision will be made on Monday whether to scrap the season’s advertising campaign because of the seriousness of the allegations.

Another incident from the season launch in which second-rower Anthony Watmough punched a sponsor has been settled after a meeting this morning between the parties involved.

AILD

Bench
no way would brett do something like that.

so watmough punched the dude now?

gunnamatta bay

Referee
The Sea Eagles have hired top Sydney lawyer Geoff Bellew to handle the case and say Stewart will vigorously defend the allegations .
They must be treating the 'allegations' very seriously.

bartman

Immortal
f**k me, season's about to start. Keep your dicks in your pants for at least a little while fellas ;-)

El Diablo

Post Whore
why is the club paying for the lawyer?

is that counted in the salary cap?

he should be paying for it himself

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Cue posters saying - It is all the media's fault...

What did the media do wrong here apart from report what has been made known?

Unlike a certain previous event 5 years ago, there doesn't yet appear to be erroneous reporting ;-)

Pass the Ball

Juniors
What did the media do wrong here apart from report what has been made known?

Unlike a certain previous event 5 years ago, there doesn't yet appear to be erroneous reporting ;-)
According to many posters, when a player misbehaves, it is the medias fault somehow for being there to report it...

Not my philosophy..

Burwood

Bench
thats a completely different thing

Different, yes.
Completely different, no.

If this incident were like the alleged Greg Bird assault case and happened at home, I would be opposed to Manly funding his legal counsel. But it happened at an official club event. I can't see any harm in them organising and paying for the lawyers.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Different, yes.
Completely different, no.

If this incident were like the alleged Greg Bird assault case and happened at home, I would be opposed to Manly funding his legal counsel. But it happened at an official club event. I can't see any harm in them organising and paying for the lawyers.

it says it happened after, not at

regardless he should pay for it himself or if Manly do then it should be included in the salary cap

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Burwood said:

The Original Article said:
MANLY'S champion fullback Brett Stewart is under investigation for an alleged sexual assault on Friday night after the club's 2009 season launch.

Doesn't say it happened at the launch tbh...

Last edited:

Latest posts