What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

sneagle

Juniors
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca190082/s61h.html

Like I said, they've been lazy - it should read puts his finger, penis, hand, tongue or an object into your vagina or anus or puts his penis into your mouth.

Alright quick scenario what, if anything, that occurred was consentual?
What if the sexual assault claim turns out to be a fabrication?

If I am right in my assumption that Stewart wasn't displaying any anti-social behaviour prior to arriving home in a cab - how can they justify bringing the game into disrepute if the action that caused the media spotlight it was not his fault?
Now I realise he was intoxicated - as I have said before, there have been no facts as to the level there off - just media speculation and hype.

Does that make sense?

bartman

Immortal
how can they justify bringing the game into disrepute if the action that caused the media spotlight it was not his fault?
It would still be his fault for putting himself in that situation in the first place.

Don't want to be accused of sexual assault? Then don't go around your neighbourhood (allegedly) crash tackling 17 yo girls, and then (allegedly) needing to be pulled off while she (alegedly) screams. Simple logic.

sneagle

Juniors
It would still be his fault for putting himself in that situation in the first place.

Don't want to be accused of sexual assault? Then don't go around your neighbourhood (allegedly) crash tackling 17 yo girls, and then (allegedly) needing to be pulled off while she (alegedly) screams. Simple logic.

Ok if that was the case fair enough.

Initially the "crash tackle" was not mentioned and it was the father went to her defence. It was not mentioned even with his and the mothers subsequent reports to the media. In fact they went to neighbour to call the police....

The chat and the stairwell seem to have fallen by the wayside.....

Then it comes out he gets out of a taxi and crash tackles her and shocked onlookers pull him off....

But what if as he was on his way to his home & the situation was put upon him and not vice versa?

Just mere speculation...there have been no hard and fast facts issued in this case.:?

Pass the Ball

Juniors
Why do some Manly fans like to come up with all these possible scenarios and then try to shoot people down, for having an opinion because they were not there and therefore do not know what happened...????

Beginning to appear like some Cronulla fans were...

sneagle

Juniors
I'm sorry - who I have I shot down, as said I'm merely speculating...:shock:

Is that not allowed here?
m I supposd to accept what the media has portrayed as truth?

Jonesy

Juniors
I just wish the DNA / Court case wasp ushed earlier. The sooner the grey clouds are ogne the sooner the Media can stop making sh*t up and false reports.

No one knows any of the evidence until the court case and since none has been released it's all speculation.

sneagle

Juniors
Couldn't agree more Jonesy...

Just on another note does anyone know the booking procedure?

Stewart being there for 1 hour only (including fingerprinting) seems a small amount of time...

bartman

Immortal
Just mere speculation...there have been no hard and fast facts issued in this case.:?
Mate, you just have to sift through the different reports, and not be distracted that a breaking story can go through several evolutions of reporting before it becomes clearer. Heat of the moment stuff, rushed reporting, different eyewitness accounts, whoever the media can grab first, all mixed with hearsay.

However I've formed an idea in my mind of how this might have easily went down, and how Stewart might have ended up in the (physical) position where an allegation of this nature could be made. Don't want to be graphic or speculate in here, but it can all makes sense if you take time to read the various (different) articles and put bits together, mixed with an understanding of the definitions in the section of the crimes act that has been posted.

But what if as he was on his way to his home & the situation was put upon him and not vice versa?
If he was crash tackled by a drunk? Or was drunk and was tackled by someone else?

Those would be the only way the situation could be put upon him. It would only be sexual assault if someone stuck something they shouldn't have in Brett Stewart's anus, in which case he'd be the victim (and still playing this weekend), and police would be investigating/charging the other party.

bartman

Immortal
No dramas! It's a bad situation, and must be hard for fans involved in a club to come to terms with at this point of a new season.

I just want a solution for the game that means less chance of this occurring in the future.

cupid

Juniors
Sorry, no intention meant - that was how I read it :eek:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"What is sexual assault? [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Sexual assault is a crime in which there is unwanted or forced sexual contact with another person, from someone touching you to someone forcing you to have sex against your will.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A person can be charged with sexual assault if he: [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]puts his finger, penis, hand or tongue, or an object, into your vagina, anus or mouth against your will, or[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]forces you to put objects into your own vagina or anus, or [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]performs oral sex on you against your will, or makes you give him oral sex.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A person can also be charged with a sexual assault offence if they try or attempt to do these things. "[/FONT]
As per:
http://www.nswrapecrisis.com.au/Information Sheets/Understanding-sexual-violence.htm

Many thanks TimmyB for clarifying..
So Brett Stewart obviously put his fingers into her mouth I guess.

sneagle

Juniors
No dramas! It's a bad situation, and must be hard for fans involved in a club to come to terms with at this point of a new season.

I just want a solution for the game that means less chance of this occurring in the future.

You are so right - it is very hard to sift thru everything as a fan and come to terms - without the emotions swaying you.

Latest posts