What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian Carney is so fit

westie

Bench
Kris_man said:
i;ll tell you who always impresses me for Great Britain - Andy Farrell :clap:. Sean Long is rubbish, has a terrible kicking game, and probably wouldn't even make first grade in the NRL. Senior, Carney, Paul Sculthorpe Farrell and possibly Maguire and Fielden would be the ones who make it in the NRL, i reckon. someone said Terry Newton - not from what i've seen.

He'd play FG at Canberra.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
dimitri said:
Kris_man said:
Carney ain't that special - he's just a fast, strong winger. we have tons of 'em in the NRL, including Luke Rooney

luke rooney doesnt do anywhere near the amount of work that carney does

he gets involved in everything

Your completely wrong. They probably would have the same workload especially in the hit-up department. Rooney is safer, Carney has better acceleration. I like both wingers but i'd prefer Rooney still. He never does anything wrong.

Kris_man

Bench
westie said:
Kris_man said:
i;ll tell you who always impresses me for Great Britain - Andy Farrell :clap:. Sean Long is rubbish, has a terrible kicking game, and probably wouldn't even make first grade in the NRL. Senior, Carney, Paul Sculthorpe Farrell and possibly Maguire and Fielden would be the ones who make it in the NRL, i reckon. someone said Terry Newton - not from what i've seen.

He'd play FG at Canberra.
not if i was coach.

dimitri

First Grade
ali said:
I thought O'Loughlin looked good when he came on, and produced 2 fairly good kicks. His kicking game for Wigan has impressed me. Hopefully he'll get more game time in the next 2 games, and get to do more kicking.

i agree played very well

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I rate that O'Loughlin, he came up to some desperation defence and his kicking game was good. What position does he normally play?

Nook

Bench
He normally plays at lock for Wigan, I think. He seems to be a bit in the Paul Schulthorpe mould though - I think he has played a bit of six, and seems to kick and pass well.

I'd go so far as to say that without him, the Poms would have lost today. At the start of the game I thought O'Loughlin was a poor choice, that the Poms needed size, not another mobile backrower. But he came on fresh and did the hard yards in defence that the tired big men could not have come up with. A great effort.

bartman

Immortal
Carney, Reardon and Wellens have been very solid as the back three for GB.

I'm glad Carney is not getting injured, and getting back into his game. I thought Gleeson had a handy game in the centres last night too.

All the GB forwards do well, and would go OK in NRL I think. Sculthorpe is class.

Sean Long doesn't have a good kicking game, which really harms his game at half. Mind you he outplayed Kimmorley and Hill last night for mine :roll:

iggy plop

First Grade
dimitri said:
Kris_man said:

sean long doesnt have a good kicking game

but in other areas of play he is great

he shouldnt be kicking

farrell or sculthorpe should be kicking if long cant get the metres

I'd get rid of Long and put Paul Deacon in. He's a good kicker in the Sherwin mould.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
iggy plop said:
dimitri said:
Kris_man said:

sean long doesnt have a good kicking game

but in other areas of play he is great

he shouldnt be kicking

farrell or sculthorpe should be kicking if long cant get the metres

I'd get rid of Long and put Paul Deacon in. He's a good kicker in the Sherwin mould.

Paul Deacon is not fit to lace Sean Long's boots.

The only problem Long has had in this series is the decision someone made to hand him the kicking duties.

For St Helens Long's kicking responsibilities typically begin at the half way line. His chips, grubbers and bombs are amongst the best in the world. The guy simply cannot boom the long range efforts far enough, so he shouldn't be doing it.

At Saints, Sculthorpe or Jason Hooper go for the punts, whilst Long controls the attacking kicks.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Nook said:
He normally plays at lock for Wigan, I think. He seems to be a bit in the Paul Schulthorpe mould though - I think he has played a bit of six, and seems to kick and pass well.

I'd go so far as to say that without him, the Poms would have lost today. At the start of the game I thought O'Loughlin was a poor choice, that the Poms needed size, not another mobile backrower. But he came on fresh and did the hard yards in defence that the tired big men could not have come up with. A great effort.

Yeah,lock,5/8 and he filled in at centre a few times too.He's probably been the most improved player in the world this year,he seems to have put on a lot more pace too.