What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian Carney

New Jack

Juniors
Apparently we want to sign this winger from Wigan for the 2005 season. If true this could mean that Girds will only play one more year for Penny.

Possible 2005 backline

Wesser
Carney
Lewis
Whatuira
Rooney
Campbell
Gower

How sweet would that be... :twisted: :twisted:

roofromoz

First Grade
He must be a good player, because he's in the GB squad for the Ashes.

I went to the Superleage site, and dug up his profile...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9469.jpg

BRIAN CARNEY

Irish winger Carney is in his third season with the Warriors after joining them from Hull, where he emerged as a genuine talent in 2000 at The Boulevard.

A former Gaelic Footballer, Carney had initially signed with Gateshead in 1999, scoring two tries in five appearances before their merger with Hull, while he also scored two tries for Ireland in the 2000 World Cup to show his international potential.

A strong and powerful runner, Carney hopes to have overcome the hamstring problem which dogged him last season to challenge for a Great Britain wing berth for the Ashes Series as well as more success with the Warriors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He would be a good buy for 2005 if Girdler does retire next year. And seeing that he has played for Hull means there is a connection with Richo I guess.

warriors

Juniors
That rumour is complete and utter bullsh*t, he signd a three year extension to his contract at the en of this year, and i dnt think they have the kind of money wigan would want for him

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
He played good against Australia today, scored 2 tries and always looked dangerous so it wouldn't be a bad purchase if we signed him in the not too distant future.

Sinny_lover

Juniors
I really doubt carney would go to penrith not that u aren't a good side but he enjoys playing in Engalnd too much!