What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian Smith and his mathematics

slippery eel

Juniors
This guy thinks we can still make the semis. I guess Parra have to win their last 2 and the Broncos and/or Knights have to lose their last 2. Than it comes down to for and against.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Smith is like HJ- hoping desperately for a loaves and fishes type miracle to obscure the fact that he has MASSIVELY under-achieved with the side in the last 2 years!

eloquentEEL

First Grade
The chances are slim, but while there is still hope, we have to back the Mighty Eels all the way.

What is going in our favour is that we have our destiny partly in our own hands and in the Dragons hands, who are in exactly the same position as us (minus a slightly worse points differential).

If both Parra and Dragons hold up their respective ends of the bargain next week (with Parra beating the Donkeys and Dragons beating the Naughts) then it will go down to the wire in the last week, with either Dragons over Broncos and/or Cowboys over Knights being a requirement for us to have a chance to get in on for and against.

With that said, Broncos and Panthers are still absolute no-second-chance must win games for us.

For 4 clubs (Eels, Dragons, Broncos and Knights) finals footy will be coming 2 weeks early \\:D/

Matta

Juniors
But then we have to play the Panthers the final week, and if we win we win we have to play them or the roosters the week after!!!!!

lol, why has everyone given up?

no miracle is needed, just us and the drags holding up our ends of the bargain

we'll make the semis, and MORE

Ron Jeremy

Coach
We won't make it.........i can't see the Knights loosing there last game to NQ at home!!,

I can't see the Dragons defeating the Broncos in theree last game!!,

Still though very exciting sequence of things occuring at thre moment!!, and some people only want a top 5 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
the knights r crap,and without bucketass johns there worse :lol: give north queensland some credit,they came back after the knights flogged them and done over the raiders.i think the cowboys will give it to the knights espeacaly if parra are in a position to make the 8 after this weekend,just for gettin belted a few rounds ago,it will still be in the back of there minds and they will want to wipe it from the memories. i dont think the knights will win again this yr. :lol: and the more they lose the more desparet they will get and when they really need a win at the end the cowboys will put the boot in.if we can do the broncs and when the dragqueens belt the knights it will make for 1 hellofa last week in the nrl.

who do the broncos play in the last round anyone?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
the knights r crap,and without bucketass johns there worse :lol: give north queensland some credit,they came back after the knights flogged them and done over the raiders.i think the cowboys will give it to the knights espeacaly if parra are in a position to make the 8 after this weekend,just for gettin belted a few rounds ago,it will still be in the back of there minds and they will want to wipe it from the memories. i dont think the knights will win again this yr. :lol: and the more they lose the more desparet they will get and when they really need a win at the end the cowboys will put the boot in.if we can do the broncs and when the dragqueens belt the knights it will make for 1 hellofa last week in the nrl.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Brisbane will comfortably dispose of Parra this weekend......im expecting Dykes to have another shocker as Darren Lockyer is virtually a5/8....expect plenty of holes in Dykes defence!!,

Lyon to have a big game though!!

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
Brisbane will comfortably dispose of Parra this weekend......im expecting Dykes to have another shocker as Darren Lockyer is virtually a5/8....expect plenty of holes in Dykes defence!!,

Lyon to have a big game though!!

Get off Dykes back. He had a pretty good game against the Sharks, and speaking of his defense, he topped the tackle count for Parra with 25 and missed a grand total of ZERO.

In any case, Dykes will be all over his opposite number in Ikin.

I wouldn't be surprised if Smith assigns someone like Hopkins or Wagon to shut down Lockyer. As long as Parra can match it in the forwards, this game wil be a piece of cake. Brisbane has forgotten how to score tries and Parra has remembered big time.