What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring back Mary !

Dragons22

Juniors
You know something. Mary’s worst Charity shield performance was in 2017.
A 32-14 loss.
Griffin hasn’t even coached a season yet.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
You know something. Mary’s worst Charity shield performance was in 2017.
A 32-14 loss.
Griffin hasn’t even coached a season yet.
Mary had players like Gareth Widdop, Josh Dugan, Jason Nightingale, Brett Morris, Frizell, peak Sims, peak Vaughan, Euan Aitken that had time to learn to pass. The list goes on. Hook has a whole heap of 18-23 year olds and a few old duds.

search

Mjab

Juniors
True Blue and former St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has been appointed coach of the Men’s Under 19s Origin team with four of the seven head coaching positions for representative pathways teams to be held by former players who have worn the sky blue jumper.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2021/...list-of-nswrl-pathways-coaching-appointments/
Why would you
A recipe for QLD dominance for a decade to come
A track record of not bringing thru players and not able to improve players , only deskill them

thebigredv

First Grade
True Blue and former St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has been appointed coach of the Men’s Under 19s Origin team with four of the seven head coaching positions for representative pathways teams to be held by former players who have worn the sky blue jumper.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2021/...list-of-nswrl-pathways-coaching-appointments/

I actually think this is a role suited to him. Players like him and he can get a team going for short burst which is what an origin series is.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I actually think this is a role suited to him. Players like him and he can get a team going for short burst which is what an origin series is.

I agree. Mal Meninga was a poor club coach. So was Fittler. Both went OK as Origin coaches. Mary could go OK as well.

BLM01

First Grade

No this suits him, not for main origin aspirations which will never happen but his appointment is at the level of the other novice head coaches who also got appointed with no NRL 1st grade experience.
This tells me where he is at..it is certainly not at a NRL club coaching the elite.

Gareth67

First Grade
C24A2A0A-12D1-472B-B80D-6DCB55313CE1.jpeg

“ Ha ha ha - you pack of whiners really know how to make a bloke laugh ! I warned you what that mug Griffo is like - but you wouldn’t listen , you had better tell those knuckleheads at the Taj Mahal to make room in the trophy cabinet for some wood , wouldn’t had happen under my watch ! “

redandwhite4evr

Juniors