What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring it on...

Southernsaint

Staff member
Another week, Saints involved in another blockbuster. This Sunday's fixture against a resurgent South Sydney should have the punters streaming in to the SCG & the legions of Saints faithful will be there. If you've never watched footy at the SCG, come along - it's unique.

Saints are playing a beautiful, ahem, brand of attacking football & Souths will be fired up to win after tasting victory twice in a row now, harking back to the glory days of 1989, the last time they were half-decent.

I think that anything less than 25,000 will be dissapointing.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Ribs

Bench
Yes what a day it will be, nothing like Saints vs Souths at the SCG. Hopefully the weather will be like it was yesterday and we should see anything up to 30,000 punters!

Leading up to the bye this is a 'must not lose'.....

Slugs

Southernsaint said:
Another week, Saints involved in another blockbuster. This Sunday's fixture against a resurgent South Sydney should have the punters streaming in to the SCG & the legions of Saints faithful will be there. If you've never watched footy at the SCG, come along - it's unique.

Saints are playing a beautiful, ahem, brand of attacking football & Souths will be fired up to win after tasting victory twice in a row now, harking back to the glory days of 1989, the last time they were half-decent.

Cheers,
Ben S.

I was there last year and the atmosphere at the Cricket Groud is second to none.....Unfortunately you guys got out of jail last year and we will be primed to turn the tables.

I am really lookng forward to the clash of the Burrow and the Dragon Army in the singing stakes..........Peter Peters was recently quoted as saying he could not believe the noise that comes out of the Burrows mouths...they are in fine voice and ready to take on the might of the Dragon with some very interesting songs they have come up with.

Bring it on boys !!!! Bring it on !!!!

Southernsaint

Staff member
Ribs said:
Yes what a day it will be, nothing like Saints vs Souths at the SCG. Hopefully the weather will be like it was yesterday and we should see anything up to 30,000 punters!

Leading up to the bye this is a 'must not lose'.....

Mate, as far as I'm concerned EVERY game is a "must not lose"...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Ribs

Bench
Yeah, but this is one of those games....

We dropped games to Manly and Nth Qld and we cant do it again after the couple of weeks that we've had.

Saint 60

Juniors
-nope- it will b on and we wont b letting any rabbits get a way ---

prediciton 60 - 6

-------------------------------
Its rabbit season

Ribs

Bench
The last time we got cocky was leading up to the Manly game. Seemed like the players had the same attitude.......

Hopefully not this time, but I really think we will have to play poorly to give them any chance.

I remember when we lost to them 21 - 20 (i think), a couple of years ago at the SCG when Caruana ran through us. I ran out of the ground with the sh*ts, thinking it was one way, and got side swiped by a Land Rover doing about 60. Hammered me!

Look both way kids.

izzo

Juniors
Southernsaint said:

Cheers,
Ben S.

sorry cuz but souths have had some good sides and some pleasing results since 1989. "if you live in the past you'll get kicked in the...."

Acka

Coach
Biglance said:
shame sims wont play

Hopefully Michael Henderson can get a start, I've only see him play a handful of occasions in 1st grade and premier league and I've liked what I've seen

ash the bash

Juniors
I was there last year and the atmosphere at the Cricket Groud is second to none.....Unfortunately you guys got out of jail last year and we will be primed to turn the tables.

I am really lookng forward to the clash of the Burrow and the Dragon Army in the singing stakes..........Peter Peters was recently quoted as saying he could not believe the noise that comes out of the Burrows mouths...they are in fine voice and ready to take on the might of the Dragon with some very interesting songs they have come up with.

Bring it on boys !!!! Bring it on !!!![/quote]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The burrow versus the dragon army should be good..i think the burrow is sitting in bays 13 and 15(correct me if wrong) and the dragon army is in bays 20 and 21 ;-)