What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos after 2019 finals

Wizardman

First Grade
Where do they go from here?

Siebold is on four more years but I cannot see the Broncos tolerate another season like this one before he gets the axe.

That spine has been broken all year. Their ineptness has caused the whole team to basically crash to pieces. They absolutely need to go all out for a halfback this offseason and pay out whoever they need to to get one....or they will have the same results as this year.

TO GO

*Boyd simply needs to be paid out.....he is done as an nrl player. Give him his money and kick him out the backdoor...I would not even play him at Redcliffe because I'd imagine he'd not be the greatest influence there.

*McCullough is slow as f**k.....he needs to go. NRL is too fast to have that sort of a hooker in today's game.

*Isackko...the modern day Leon Bott.....move him on.

*Jack Bird....injury prone, expensive and poor......move him on.

*Milford.....he seems afraid of contact this year. Not the same player as he has been in the past.....move him on.

The big problem is the broncs have too much money tied up to dead weight. Fortunately, the have the resources to clean up some of this mess if they have the will to.

In relation to Boyd, his salary for next year is a lot lower than it was the last 2 years. It drops to like $400k according to a couple of journos who were talking about him a few weeks back. Hence that will give them some room.

Problem for them is finding a new hooker and halves. Not much quality on the market at the moment.

axl rose

Bench
Write off Dari boy at your peril, 2020 he will be unleashed

giphy.gif

King hit

Coach
It really is a good example of having young talent won't automatically get results. As long as Boyd, McCullogh and out of position players are leading the team they won't get anywhere except fluking finals appearances on the back of Fifita, TPJ and Hass.

Seibold really he has been useless for them. They were desperate to sack Bennett and get him. Unless he makes the hard calls and changes his style they won't get anywhere.

Broncos whole season was a failure and they didn't deserve to play in the finals. They didn't win half their games, most of their wins were against struggling teams.

some11

Referee
I agree except for this, he was the only decent centre for the Broncos before he got injured, they've been playing Alex Glenn at centre to finish the season because everyone else is trash.

Boyd and McCullough have got to go - if the board doesn't have the stones to pay out their contracts then they can kiss 2020 goodbye.

LineBall

Juniors
Where do they go from here?

Siebold is on four more years but I cannot see the Broncos tolerate another season like this one before he gets the axe.

That spine has been broken all year. Their ineptness has caused the whole team to basically crash to pieces. They absolutely need to go all out for a halfback this offseason and pay out whoever they need to to get one....or they will have the same results as this year.

TO GO

*Boyd simply needs to be paid out.....he is done as an nrl player. Give him his money and kick him out the backdoor...I would not even play him at Redcliffe because I'd imagine he'd not be the greatest influence there.

*McCullough is slow as f**k.....he needs to go. NRL is too fast to have that sort of a hooker in today's game.

*Isackko...the modern day Leon Bott.....move him on.

*Milford.....he seems afraid of contact this year. Not the same player as he has been in the past.....move him on.

The big problem is the broncs have too much money tied up to dead weight. Fortunately, the have the resources to clean up some of this mess if they have the will to.

Completely agree. Seibold’s only saving grace is that he has inherited this roster. Unless he pulls the trigger on a lot of these blokes then he will kill his coaching career.

For too long now I’ve got the impression that the playing group thinks that the year has been OK because they have made the finals. Mostly this has been by limping into 8th and for the last two years being embarrassed in week 1.

Wizardman

First Grade
I agree except for this, he was the only decent centre for the Broncos before he got injured, they've been playing Alex Glenn at centre to finish the season because everyone else is trash.

Boyd and McCullough have got to go - if the board doesn't have the stones to pay out their contracts then they can kiss 2020 goodbye.
I think you're forgetting how bad his hands were. Im pretty sure I heard he is on 950k.....never has been worth that money even on his best day....has to be moved on.

Someguy

First Grade
Turpin at 9, Milford given the offseason to get fit or QLD cup, grab a random 6 and 7 from QLD cup and the team is instantly improved.

The young forward pack hype is too much, they look good making hit ups and breaking tackles but the defensive inefficiency’s are overlooked. How the hell did Staggs make more tackles than an 80m second rower in Fifita!?

Wizardman

First Grade
Turpin at 9, Milford given the offseason to get fit or QLD cup, grab a random 6 and 7 from QLD cup and the team is instantly improved.

The young forward pack hype is too much, they look good making hit ups and breaking tackles but the defensive inefficiency’s are overlooked. How the hell did Staggs make more tackles than an 80m second rower in Fifita!?

Great point that I've overlooked in my first post. The pack are not great in putting defensive efforts together nor great in their technique generally. Nippy attackers have jagged holes through their middle all year. They have some developing to do in that part of their game.

Reflector

Juniors
Major problem I see is that the Broncos don't have a leader. They don't have an enforcer. Think about it:

Panthers have (had) Maloney
Sharks have (had) Gallen
Storm have Smith
Roosters? Take your pick

But Brisbane (like a few other teams) don't have a leader, which sorely showed today when Parra were about 16-0 up. That's the point where you need a player like JT/ Locky/ Freddy/ Joey to rally the side around and get them to re-focus. Brisbane have some promising young forwards but they need that senior leader- think a Lazarus/ Tallis/ Webcke type to make a few busts and inspire the rest to follow. That's before even talking about how they got carved up on both the left and right lanes today- the only reason Parra were so confident throwing those long passes is because nobody on either side from the Broncos posed the threat of grabbing an intercept.

Said it before that the word "rebuild" gets thrown about hastily by pissed off fans in the heat of a loss, but that club is in dire need of one- starting with the board and working its' way down. Otherwise another generation of Qld players with great potential are going to prefer heading 2000kms south to bleak city, a distant third behind the Victory and the AFL as opposed to staying in SEQ and being a big name on their home turf.

Latest posts