What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane II v The CC

Canard

Immortal
Didn't the Titans pull 22k in their first season? Warriors 26K? Big first season averages mean diddly squat. The rushers average was boosted by the fact the gates were opened for their last two clashes in 1997.

I call Bullshit on this claim, the club did indeed throw open there gates, but I think about 6,000 turned up to both games.

t-ba

Post Whore
So? You're happy to make excuses for the Bears but not for the Crushers. No one made the Bears move. The fact that they did shows how much they knew they were up shit creek. The Crushers didn't even get a chance. Yet they had more going for them than the Bears. If they were both around today I know which would be the bigger club.

And where, pray tell have I said that excuses can't be made for the Crushers?

the relocation thing is a pretty handy excuse however. Norths play out of the SFS and are probably still the big, well supported club who finally managed to get their sh*t together in the early 1990's that they were before SL started. Not many clubs invest their own cash in a stadium and get punished for it like Norths did. Sign of the times really. That's not to say that injustice should be considered when the bidding process begins.

Nope - its equally as stupid. Thats why I never said it.

We have already established that comprehension isnt your strong point.

And I dunno what your pathetic rant about the Bears has anything at all to do with the Titans not getting a fire certificate to sell a building. I can only guess 1) You grew up in Roswell, or 2) You were holidaying at f**kishima in March last year.

T ba is right - you cannot compare Brisbane and Sydney league scenes in terms of current situation or possible expansion. Get the f*ck over it!

Still a sh*tload more accurate than you calling me a Bears supporter
Oh really? And as for comprehension - LOL. Balmain and Eastern Suburbs. Yeah they're pretty similar words eh? What a f**king muppet.

And now you don't want to compare. I wonder why. Maybe because your Bears don't stack up. Just admit you don't like the fact that you try to come into a Titans thread and make it about the second Brisbane team and then get shown up as a Bears mong. You can't have it both ways princess. You want to make this about Brisbane and pretend you don't have an agenda, well tough shit.

Canard

Immortal
Yes well thats hardly going to be earth shattering to there average crowds number isnt it.

The averages were still better than South Sydney. You know, the pride of the league, one of the big clubs, a club with about six local derbies a season. The Crushers had it much tougher than all of the Sydney clubs yet stack up well against them in 1997 and even better in 1995 and 1996. That's why it's ludicrous to point to the Crushers and cry about a second Brisbane team for 2015. If there can't be a second Brisbane club because the Crushers had a small crowd average in 1997 then Souths shouldn't be in the comp and neither should half the other Sydney teams.

t-ba

Post Whore
Yes well thats hardly going to be earth shattering to there average crowds number isnt it.

Their average before those games was 5733. At the end of the season, it was 7003. It's around a 25% increase on that.

Canard

Immortal
Agreed, its all but certain it will be 2nd Brisbane team and someone else in the next round of expansion. (who knows when)

Maybe based on the AFL debarcle, its not a good idea to have to teams join so closely to each other.

age.s

First Grade
I love arguments where a second Brisbane club won't influence the Titans but the Bears will destroy Sydney clubs.

t-ba

Post Whore
The averages were still better than South Sydney. You know, the pride of the league, one of the big clubs, a club with about six local derbies a season. The Crushers had it much tougher than all of the Sydney clubs yet stack up well against them in 1997 and even better in 1995 and 1996. That's why it's ludicrous to point to the Crushers and cry about a second Brisbane team for 2015. If there can't be a second Brisbane club because the Crushers had a small crowd average in 1997 then Souths shouldn't be in the comp and neither should half the other Sydney teams.

The Good has to be considered with the bad. As irrelevant as it may be, it simply can't be ignored to make an argument look better.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Reality is Brisbane2 is worth a cool $20mill a year min to the NRL on its media deal alone, that in itself will see a team there in the next expansion. The battle for 2nd spot is WC Pirates or CC Bears. If Pirates can give the ARLC a confidence they have the business backing to be sustainable they will be in as the ARLC will want to use this rare expansion opportinty to grow the game in a new state with new capital city ratings. If they can't prove it now then the ARLC will either bring in the Bears as the safe but weak option or wait until Perth is ready and has the backing.

Depending on the value of the 9th game to TV either we will see both teams added 2015 or Brisbane2 2015 and Perth 2016 imo.

Bears should have picked a more desirable location 5 years ago when the Titans decision showed clearly how much the NRL want another NSW team in the comp. Sucks that the NRL weren't honest and up front with them at that time and told them were to move their focus to. We could have been seeing a SQ or WC Bears team in the comp if that had been the case.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I love arguments where a second Brisbane club won't influence the Titans but the Bears will destroy Sydney clubs.

The point is both will. Difference is the club Brisbane2 will effect the most is earning $34mill a year whilst the clubs the Bears will effect are on the bones of their backsides and can ill afford any further competition for corporate support.

Loudstrat

Coach
Oh really? And as for comprehension - LOL. Balmain and Eastern Suburbs. Yeah they're pretty similar words eh? What a f**king muppet.
Yeah, The Bears and Eels are really f*cking similar. Share the same logo, just a few words different :lol:

I cant help if you follow one of those copycat teams that pinch the marketing ideas off Sydney clubs. Still, I dont see any Wingham Tigers supporters having a massive paranoia spat over the Bears on a thread about the f*cking Titans.

Still, I guess you dont get much exposure to the real world from your padded cell.

And now you don't want to compare. I wonder why
Maybe because it's f*cking irrelevant you dumb sh*t. Just because you have an obsession doesn't mean everyone else does!

Tell me, do you hate the carbon tax because of the Bears?

. Maybe because your Bears don't stack up. Just admit you don't like the fact that you try to come into a Titans thread and make it about the second Brisbane team and then get shown up as a Bears mong.
I geddit. You are one of those stupid immature trolls that stalk people on forums and either masturbate wildly over it or kill small animals in some frenzied bloodlust.

Face it, more clubs have gone broke in our comp from SEQ than Sydney since the great depression. It doesnt please me - I'd love to have the Crushers and a healthy Gold Coast in our comp. Sadly, you are the only one with barbed wire up your arse about any particular club.

Take your meds or someone will get hurt.

You can't have it both ways princess. You want to make this about Brisbane and pretend you don't have an agenda, well tough shit.
Keyboard hero. What are you gunna do? Gang bang my cat in revenge?

I look forward to your next insane result, but my lovely wife has just cooked me a nice porterhouse steak, and I'm sure someone in your institution will feed you some porridge through a straw.

I cann imagine how apesh*t you must go if someone accidently offers you a tiny teddy - it would be a code red and a lockdown for sure!

Loudstrat

Coach
Now that his meds have kicked in and he's asleep..............

It would be an absolute travesty if this club folded. I reckon Grant would get administrators in to prevent that. But that creates two new problems:
1) Potential conflict of interest is the ARLC basically runs/financially controls a club - compromising its independence, and
2) The probable reduced salary cap increase due to the extra cost of a rescue package.

It will be a huge litmus test for the ARLC as to how they handle it if the Titans are no longer solvent

Knightmare

Coach

....Or where putting another team in NSW (irrespective of whereabouts) is "not expansion" but putting another team in Brisbane is.....

:crazy:

Knightmare

Coach
Reality is Brisbane2 is worth a cool $20mill a year min to the NRL on its media deal alone, that in itself will see a team there in the next expansion. The battle for 2nd spot is WC Pirates or CC Bears. If Pirates can give the ARLC a confidence they have the business backing to be sustainable they will be in as the ARLC will want to use this rare expansion opportinty to grow the game in a new state with new capital city ratings. If they can't prove it now then the ARLC will either bring in the Bears as the safe but weak option or wait until Perth is ready and has the backing.

Depending on the value of the 9th game to TV either we will see both teams added 2015 or Brisbane2 2015 and Perth 2016 imo.

Bears should have picked a more desirable location 5 years ago when the Titans decision showed clearly how much the NRL want another NSW team in the comp. Sucks that the NRL weren't honest and up front with them at that time and told them were to move their focus to. We could have been seeing a SQ or WC Bears team in the comp if that had been the case.

Except for the part where nobody (or next to nobody) actually supports the new team. Wonder how long Ch.9 will be prepared to fork out for televising an empty stadium?

Listening to the people round here supporting another Brisbane side is like hearing people in Los Angeles tell us how important the light rail system is in their city and why we must support it...

bobmar28

Bench
Except for the part where nobody (or next to nobody) actually supports the new team. Wonder how long Ch.9 will be prepared to fork out for televising an empty stadium?

Listening to the people round here supporting another Brisbane side is like hearing people in Los Angeles tell us how important the light rail system is in their city and why we must support it...

That's what they often do in Sydney.