What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Tigers make their bid to be 18th team

Canard

Immortal
The Tigers seem to be insinuating (lying) that the Broncos aren't widely followed on the Southside of Brisbane

MugaB

Coach
There is, it's called the Broncos
And West.....South, North... East too...it really doesn't matter, there isnt a suburb bar redcliffe that would have 50%of casual fans rooting for the broncos, the other 50% now are made up of either disgruntled ex bronx fans, other team fans, bandwagon jumpers of the dolphins, and people who don't watch or care for NRL.. my mum lives up in Marsden, she only watches origin... if only to give it to me when they win..

Perth Red

Post Whore
The expansion report said only 2% of rl fans in that region dont currently follow broncos or some other nrl club.

Canard

Immortal
You need to brush up on your geography. Red Hill is not on the southside of Brisbane.

You need to brush up on your "stop being an ignorant f**kwit lessons".

People don't identify the Broncos as being a "Red Hill" club, and fans don't support a club based on its pokie den location.

The reverse of this dumbshit position is stating that the Tigers only appeal to people from Coorparoo.

You need to brush up on your "stop being an ignorant f**kwit lessons".

People don't identify the Broncos as being a "Red Hill" club, and fans don't support a club based on its pokie den location.

The reverse of this dumbshit position is stating that the Tigers only appeal to people from Coorparoo.

Red Hill is not on the south side of Brisbane. Download Google Maps and see for yourself. It's that f**king easy.

mongoose

Coach
Red Hill is not on the south side of Brisbane. Download Google Maps and see for yourself. It's that f**king easy.
his point is they are not a northside club just because their Leagues club is in Red Hill. The Broncos have never represented any particular region of Brisbane. If anything that whole Red Hill/Paddington/Bardon/Ashgrove area would probably have less NRL followers than anywhere on the outskirts of the city due to it being such an affluent snobby area.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Same thing was said about north brisbane
So if true I guess the new dolphins fans are either part of the 2% or were fans of other clubs that have now switched allegiances? so no real new fans for nrl, just regurgitated existing fans?

dolphins have had a great start, but so did the titans. Let’s see how they are tracking in a few seasons before getting giddy. They aren’t a genuine brisbane2 club and that will keep them smaller than it could have been imo. Especially if they insist on playing in a 10k outer suburban stadium.

Pippen94

First Grade
So if true I guess the new dolphins fans are either part of the 2% or were fans of other clubs that have now switched allegiances? so no real new fans for nrl, just regurgitated existing fans?

dolphins have had a great start, but so did the titans. Let’s see how they are tracking in a few seasons before getting giddy. They aren’t a genuine brisbane2 club and that will keep them smaller than it could have been imo. Especially if they insist on playing in a 10k outer suburban stadium.

Region of Brisbane with 500k ppl not including northern parts of Brisbane council or sunshine coast. Yeah, small club

Perth Red

Post Whore
Did I say small? Comprehension problems? I said ‘smaller’ than what a genuine brisbane2 playing out of Suncorp ft could have been. The fact they feel the need to be playing in 10k capacity stadia just proves this to be true.

the call for brisbane3 so soon shows want an Ill thought out call it was In terms of strategic decision making.

be honest and ask yourself if firehawks had come in and were geting 25k plus every game at Suncorp would there be a clamour for a brisbane3 in Redcliffe Now?

Pippen94

First Grade
Did I say small? Comprehension problems? I said ‘smaller’ than what a genuine brisbane2 playing out of Suncorp ft could have been. The fact they feel the need to be playing in 10k capacity stadia just proves this to be true.

the call for brisbane3 so soon shows want an Ill thought out call it was In terms of strategic decision making.

be honest and ask yourself if firehawks had come in and were geting 25k plus every game at Suncorp would there be a clamour for a brisbane3 in Redcliffe Now?

Funny u still sticking with firehawks when tigers already let moniker fly away into sun.
Redcliffe success has been built on historic & popular branding, targeting parochial region & existing grassroots connection.
U wanted crushers 2.0

Perth Red

Post Whore
Funny u still sticking with firehawks when tigers already let moniker fly away into sun.
Redcliffe success has been built on historic & popular branding, targeting parochial region & existing grassroots connection.
U wanted crushers 2.0
Are you saying the firehawks wouldnt have been a success? Hell the bears could have started up in brisbane and been a success such was the need for a second club there.

yeh the Redcliffe brand so valuable that they dropped it for “the“ lol

Difference is a successful firehawks wouldn’t have led to this demand to use another license up on a Redcliffe team. not having a brisbane2 club covering the southern corridor and playing ft out of Suncorp was dumb.

But hey news ltd got what it wanted, a club less likely to challenge the broncos dominance of the brisbane market.

Pippen94

First Grade
Are you saying the firehawks wouldnt have been a success? Hell the bears could have started up in brisbane and been a success such was the need for a second club there.

yeh the Redcliffe brand so valuable that they dropped it for “the“ lol

Difference is a successful firehawks wouldn’t have led to this demand to use another license up on a Redcliffe team. not having a brisbane2 club covering the southern corridor and playing ft out of Suncorp was dumb.

But hey news ltd got what it wanted, a club less likely to challenge the broncos dominance of the brisbane market.

U spin so much liars u don't even see when u contradict yourself. Broadcasters don't want Brisbane, but news ltd got exansion they wanted?!
Better to not make up bullshi..& don't have to worry about self defeating arguments.

Firehawks were dud brand that tigers now moving away from. Also, targeting a particular region like guess who?! Successful dolphins

Perth Red

Post Whore
again comprehension problems. I have never said broadcasters dont want brisbane. What I have said is fta paid nothing for brisbane2 (fact) and it’s questionable just how much ptv paid for brisbane2 and what the motivation for that was (Opinion)

as for news ltd. Ask yourself if you were them would you prefer an outer suburb team playing part time at Suncorp or a strong city based team playing ft at Suncorp?

Pippen94

First Grade
again comprehension problems. I have never said broadcasters dont want brisbane. What I have said is fta paid nothing for brisbane2 (fact) and it’s questionable just how much ptv paid for brisbane2 and what the motivation for that was (Opinion)

as for news ltd. Ask yourself if you were them would you prefer an outer suburb team playing part time at Suncorp or a strong city based team playing ft at Suncorp?

NRL choose dolphins because they didn't want crushers or titans 2.0

Perth Red

Post Whore
NRL choose dolphins because they didn't want crushers or titans 2.0
Why would a tigers owned club have been like either?

I think you need to go check your history as well, despite the trauma of the time crushers were a pretty successful club. Allegedly had money in the bank and had a crowd avg in yr1 of 21k, probably close to what dolphins will end up with.
titans year one got 40k crowds at suncorp and avg’d 25k.

it’s not year1 that matters, it’s year 5 and beyond that counts!